Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2017 Container Garden-Tijuana, Baja California Norte, México (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44394)

Gerardo July 29, 2017 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;657444]Finally something useful.:lol::P
Looks like my ingredients, now why cant the rest of the world get in line?:evil:

Worth[/QUOTE]
4 out of 5 Texas hillbillies recommend the use of Habanero in salsas. Texans know best.

I've no doubt you would love it, I sure am.

Cole_Robbie July 30, 2017 12:54 PM

That hab sauce would be great in or on a burger.

Worth1 July 30, 2017 01:00 PM

It would be good on pasta.

Worth

Gerardo August 4, 2017 06:03 PM

Belcebú Salsa has been versatile and much loved by everyone.

Amazed at the ability of Woolite and a foamy car wash concentrate at combating aphid infestations. They come in a couple of colors, and they prefer Bhut Jolokia over all others, Manzanos are not immune either.

Cukes are cranking, as are the tomatoes.

efisakov August 5, 2017 06:16 AM

[QUOTE=Gerardo;658550]Belcebú Salsa has been versatile and much loved by everyone.

Amazed at the ability of Woolite and a foamy car wash concentrate at combating aphid infestations. They come in a couple of colors, and they prefer Bhut Jolokia over all others, Manzanos are not immune either.

Cukes are cranking, as are the tomatoes.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried it on spider mites? Every year I have them coming back.

Gerardo August 5, 2017 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=efisakov;658679]Have you tried it on spider mites? Every year I have them coming back.[/QUOTE]

It's been dry and humid, on some plants there were both aphids and spider mites and all were washed away nicely. The leaves look pristine, except for a few chewed parts.

At first sighting I reached for the bug spray and ended up killing their predators, plus these aphids can bathe in pyrethroid juice and come out rejuvenated. So soapy-foamy water became the only option. My dish soap is the pink sensitive hands type that doesn't foam much, so I looked for alternatives. The foaming car wash concentrate and the Woolite did an outstanding job. On some I did it in the middle of the day in full sun with no leaf burn.

I have to emphasize this problem was limited to pepper plants.

Gerardo August 5, 2017 10:22 PM

Tomatoes!

2 Attachment(s)
my low stress, trellis tomatoes are starting to blush

and the Elgin Pink x Anna Marias Heart (purported) are almost there

Gerardo August 9, 2017 01:56 PM

Sweets Success

1 Attachment(s)
biggest yet

Gerardo August 10, 2017 02:09 AM

Plants cranking

1 Attachment(s)
Some good ones in here. Lots of Mikhalych, Zarca, Elgin Pink and crosses, Larisa, Gribovsky, and other great producers from Eastern Europe.

Superhots for more Belcebú Sauce.

efisakov August 10, 2017 06:30 AM

Hi, Gerardo.
Was googling Belcebú Sauce recipe and could not find it. What goes into it?

Your harvest looking great!

btw, I ordered seeds for Monica and W. Emerald. I will try Monica for the fall season. Thanks.

ginger2778 August 10, 2017 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=Gerardo;659455]Some good ones in her. Lots of Mikhalych, Zarca, Elgin Pink and crosses, Larisa, Gribovsky, and other great producers from Eastern Europe.

Superhots for more Belcebú Sauce.[/QUOTE]

I love this.

Gerardo August 10, 2017 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=efisakov;659459]Hi, Gerardo.
Was googling Belcebú Sauce recipe and could not find it. What goes into it?

Your harvest looking great!

btw, I ordered seeds for Monica and W. Emerald. I will try Monica for the fall season. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You won't find it, it's just a name to warn people of what awaits their taste buds.

Itll be steamed tomatoes, onion, shallots, garlic, smoked salt, regular salt, a bit of cumin, lemon juice, splash of vinegar, oregano, and these peppers (the hotter ones with seeds, the others Deveined deseeded):

Gerardo August 10, 2017 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=ginger2778;659465]I love this.[/QUOTE]

I love it too Marsha, thanks for sharing... some of those aretthanks to you

You're gonna dig this Elgin Pink cross with Anna Maria's Heart (putative), big, productive, healthy plant. Giving it a day or two before I attack. . I haven'tweighed it but it feels like 400 grams or thereabouts.

Gerardo August 10, 2017 04:24 PM

Finished product, Belcebú 2.0

1 Attachment(s)
This one is significantly hotter than the first iteration.

Worth1 August 10, 2017 04:26 PM

The hatch are in at the store 77 cents a pound.
I just might have to get some.