Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Urfa pepper seeds (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=33945)

lavanta September 23, 2014 09:38 PM

Urfa pepper seeds

Is there any interest here for Urfa pepper seeds? Please vote on the poll so I know how much to collect.

Thanks

heirloomtomaguy September 23, 2014 10:36 PM

Im interested. I can trade you some super hot seeds if you would like.

neoguy September 24, 2014 06:33 PM

I'd be interested if they are isolated. I could also trade some hots, super hots, milds and mediums.

Tracydr September 24, 2014 07:20 PM

I'd love to try it. I had to look them up but sounds delicious.

ginger2778 September 24, 2014 07:38 PM

I would really like to try them. Are they as good as they sound?

lavanta September 24, 2014 08:42 PM

Yes they are as good as advertised. OK, I am a little biased since I am Turkish, but they are among the best peppers out there. Not hot at all, but very flavorful.

chiefbeaz September 25, 2014 04:48 PM

They sound great to me, I would like to try them if you offer them.

paprika September 25, 2014 05:05 PM

I don't often post, but this pepper has really peaked my interest and I would love to give it a whirl. Gladly send you SESE or trade! Count me in and thanks for the kind offer!

Cole_Robbie September 25, 2014 06:47 PM

I voted yes as well. I think it sounds like a neat way to learn more about another culture.

matereater September 26, 2014 09:12 AM

Sounds interesting, I'd like to give them a try.

RobinB September 26, 2014 12:45 PM

I would also love to try them. Thanks for offering!

sicily September 29, 2014 08:33 AM

I'd also love to try them. I thought I had seeds but they turned out to be Aleppo not Urfa, I was disappointed and would like to keep trying for next season. I have many pepper varieties for a trade if you'd like, just p.m. me, thanks.

lavanta September 29, 2014 08:10 PM

OK TV folks... I will be able to start sending the seeds in two weeks, peepers have just matured and turned red. Send me a PM for SASE address. I will send a PM to the folks posted a reply.

lavanta September 29, 2014 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=sicily;433288]I'd also love to try them. I thought I had seeds but they turned out to be Aleppo not Urfa, I was disappointed and would like to keep trying for next season. I have many pepper varieties for a trade if you'd like, just p.m. me, thanks.[/QUOTE]

The color (deep deep purple), taste, and aroma of Urfa crushed peppers are quite different. Aleppo and Maraş are closer to each other IMHO. They are all great, I like Urfa with red meat, in particular with Adana Kebab. Maraş and Aleppo with eggs, poultry, soups.

lavanta October 7, 2014 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked a few, I will dry the seeds for a week before mailing.

[ATTACH]45790[/ATTACH]

sicily October 8, 2014 09:33 AM

Those are some great looking peppers, thanks for the photo! Very anxious to try them next season, SASE is in the mail, thanks again for your generosity.

greenthumbomaha October 9, 2014 08:56 PM

Lavanta, do you have any Urfa pepper seeds left to share? I've been coming back and looking at the thread for a week now. They look better and tastier each time. Finally decided you can never have too many peppers lol. If you have a few left I'd love to give them a try. Thank you again for the offer!

- Lisa

lavanta October 15, 2014 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=greenthumbomaha;434305]Lavanta, do you have any Urfa pepper seeds left to share? I've been coming back and looking at the thread for a week now. They look better and tastier each time. Finally decided you can never have too many peppers lol. If you have a few left I'd love to give them a try. Thank you again for the offer!

- Lisa[/QUOTE]

Check your inbox.

lavanta October 15, 2014 04:17 PM

Seeds are in the mail. PM me if you want some.

catanache October 18, 2014 09:20 PM

Received mine today. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to growing these next year.

heirloomtomaguy October 18, 2014 10:17 PM

I got the seeds today thanks. Your seeds are hittin the mail monday.

peppero October 19, 2014 07:16 AM

RECEIVED MY SEEDS YESTERDAY IN GOOD CONDITION. LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS GROWOUT. THANKS.

JON:yes::)

matereater October 19, 2014 08:59 AM

Got seeds yesterday, THANKS !!

DonnaMarieNJ October 19, 2014 02:59 PM

Received mine, as well. THANK YOU!

ginger2778 October 21, 2014 01:55 PM

Many thanks for the generous amount of seeds you sent. Mine arrived in Saturday's mail.:)
I just sowed some too, as it is our time now.:D

Cole_Robbie October 21, 2014 03:33 PM

I might segregate a patch of these next year, just so I can save the seeds. It seems like it will be a really neat variety.

question - how much of the traditional drying process is specific to the Turkish climate? Are bugs and flies not a problem in the open air? I am thinking I will build a drying box to sun-dry them. But that will not be the traditional, open-air by day, covered by night method. But maybe that's only the best way if one lives in Turkey.

crazytomato October 21, 2014 04:51 PM

Hi seeds arrived today.Thanks a lot that will be a lot of sis kofte next year.

paprika October 22, 2014 06:14 AM

Seeds arrived safe and sound yesterday.
Thank you so very much!
I will let you know results next season.

kurt October 22, 2014 07:48 AM

Mine came Monday(past)they are in ground for germination.Thanx again.

chiefbeaz October 22, 2014 09:57 AM

Received seeds

Got my seeds in the mail Tuesday. Seems like everyone who got seeds is excited to try this variety. Thanks once again for offering this different pepper variety to Tomatoville members.