Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Gardening in the Green™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   tomato tone sale (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=21622)

augiedog55 March 1, 2012 07:44 PM

tomato tone sale

I was on another forum and got the heads up on tomato tone 3 4 4 in 20# bags. I got 20# sent to my house for a $17.05 with the coupon. Its on ozbo .com for those who might be interested. You can also get 40# at a deal.:)

z_willus_d March 2, 2012 01:14 AM

That's the new tomato tone formulation, correct? The 3-4-6? What coupon are you using?

Thanks, Naysen

Sun City Linda March 2, 2012 01:18 AM

Yes thats the new stuff Naysen. They give you the code onsite to get additional savings.

augiedog55 March 2, 2012 08:08 AM

When you bring up the garden page in the yellowbox at the top it says code mine, said home5off. I got 5% more savings with i.t I saw a guy bought 40Lbs delivered for under 30$ to his house. Thats a great deal. As far as the forumla the one I bought said 4 6 6 but it might have been a misprint.. either way I'll be happy

Defiant20 March 2, 2012 08:57 AM

I have never used Tomato Tone before. Can anyone comment on how well it works or what experience you have had with it?
Brian

z_willus_d March 2, 2012 11:30 AM

I'm fairly sure this is the site where I purchased two 20lb bags a while back. It's a little strange the pricing differentials they have for the small 4lb vs larger 20lb and 40lb offerings. Something in the way the product is described leaves me wonder if they're the same thing. But yes, mine was the newer formulation, supposedly not as good as the older.
-naysen

rnewste March 2, 2012 01:03 PM

Naysen,

Very good prices at this Site (ordered Tomato-tone, Bio-tone, and Dolomite Lime from them yesterday), but they do a lousy job of describing the lot size. For example, they show the Espoma Dolomite Lime 5 pound bag for $34.00.

What they DON"T say is that this price includes a case quantity of 12 bags. So, the actual cost comes out at under $3.00 per bag - - not the $34.00 that the description would lead you to believe. Very POOR Marketing - which only turns potential customers away.:shock:

My 84 pound order cost me a grand total of $4.95 for all shipping.:love:

Raybo

cornbreadlouie March 2, 2012 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=rnewste;258925]Naysen,

Very good prices at this Site (ordered Tomato-tone, Bio-tone, and Dolomite Lime from them yesterday), but they do a lousy job of describing the lot size. For example, they show the Espoma Dolomite Lime 5 pound bag for $34.00.

What they DON"T say is that this price includes a case quantity of 12 bags. So, the actual cost comes out at under $3.00 per bag - - not the $34.00 that the description would lead you to believe. Very POOR Marketing - which only turns potential customers away.:shock:

My 84 pound order cost me a grand total of $4.95 for all shipping.:love:

Raybo[/QUOTE]

Be sure to be on the lookout for negligent delivery drivers. Seems like recently there's been a spate of people having their heavy packages thrown around.... A couple weeks ago the USPS guy threw 30 lbs of books into my front door. Put some nice dents and rips in the box. Try to be around to make sure they don't just kick your stuff out the back of their truck.

z_willus_d March 2, 2012 02:31 PM

Thanks for pointing that out Ray. I could use some Espoma D. Lime - at that price how could I turn them down.

What/how do you use Bio-tone?
-naysen

Defiant20 March 2, 2012 03:32 PM

I purchased some as it seems like a good price shipped, thanks. Has this new formulation worked well for those that have used it?
Brian

RayR March 2, 2012 05:18 PM

Tomato Tone works great for me.
Good price there, I ordered a gallon of molasses and a bag of Espoma Green Sand too. All that for $4.95 shipping, how do they do that?

roper2008 March 2, 2012 06:08 PM

I wonder if they are going to go broke on the shipping.

tomatoaddict March 2, 2012 10:37 PM

Just ordered 40 lbs. of Tomato Tone. I use it every year and have never seen it this cheap! Thanks for the FYI:yes:

janezee March 3, 2012 12:50 AM

auggiedog, you are my hero of the day! TY again!

j

augiedog55 March 3, 2012 07:30 AM

I'm glad I could help pass the savings on to fellow mater addicts...I should have bought a few more things there myself.Probably will. lol. have a great day