Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   I have to admit I have always been jealous... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48053)

nancyruhl August 21, 2018 11:37 AM

I have to admit I have always been jealous...

1 Attachment(s)
Of you folks from warmer, longer season climates posting pictures of tables full of ripe tomatoes. I have never had that many at one time, until this year. I'm in.

Gerardo August 21, 2018 12:12 PM

Now you're talking, congrats! What a view.

NarnianGarden August 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Woo hoo! What are you planning with them, keeping for fresh eating or canning/drying?

What is the name of the lovely pale yellow variety?

clkeiper August 21, 2018 12:22 PM

beautiful. congratulations.
what is the black one? and are the pinks Brandyboy's? and I am curious about the pale yellow also... they are wonderful looking.

KarenO August 21, 2018 12:39 PM

Awesome, beautiful harvest good for you !!
KarenO

eyegrotom August 21, 2018 02:06 PM

Congrats Good for you!

nancyruhl August 21, 2018 02:18 PM

Thanks for the kudos. I am at this moment preparing tomato juice and salsa for canning. That will fill my remaining empty jars and some new ones I purchased.

When I posted, i was afraid people would ask what was that particular tomato, and i did not label as i went along picking. It was raining and i was picking many different varieties. Since i grew only one yellow, I can identify it as the very wonderful TCJones I have been growing for years. As you can see, it is uber productive and so sweet, without any hint of blandness some yellows have. I am not sure, but the pink variety that you refer as Brandy Boys are probably Brandyberry Pink which has been outstanding the 2 years I have grown it. The black is probably Black Krim. The yellow with greenish stripes at the top left is Pork Chop.

NarnianGarden August 21, 2018 02:39 PM

Thanks. I think I will have to try Pork Chops (what a name, yummy... - NOT!) in the future. Looks so delicious and fresh.

Rajun Gardener August 21, 2018 02:56 PM

Congrats on the harvest!!!! They'll taste good when there's snow on the ground.

shelleybean August 21, 2018 03:19 PM

Awesome! Enjoy!

kath August 21, 2018 03:25 PM

So happy for you, Nancy! Enjoy your bountiful harvest! :D

kath

wildcat62 August 21, 2018 04:02 PM

Great looking table.....

MissS August 21, 2018 04:12 PM

What a magnificent haul you have there. It also is an awesome picture. You should frame it and hang it on your wall.

jtjmartin August 21, 2018 04:17 PM

Abudanza! Congrats on some great looking 'maters!

akgardengirl August 21, 2018 04:42 PM

This photo should be in a gardening magazine. Lucky you!

LK2016 August 21, 2018 06:03 PM

Congratulations!

That is an awesome haul! And a gorgeous photograph! Congratulations! Beautiful variety, and they just look scrumptious.

bower August 21, 2018 07:58 PM

Yayy and hurrayy!!! That is a sumptuous feast of tomatoes. :D

pmcgrady August 21, 2018 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=nancyruhl;712332]Of you folks from warmer, longer season climates posting pictures of tables full of ripe tomatoes. I have never had that many at one time, until this year. I'm in.[/QUOTE]

Not be long... Crocodils (Up There) will be living there like they were, 100 millions of years ago.

ginger2778 August 21, 2018 10:36 PM

What a beautiful sight. You deserve it Nancy.

GrowingCoastal August 21, 2018 11:24 PM

Nice to see them all in a crowd like that! Wonderful.

matereater August 22, 2018 07:34 AM

Congrats on the harvest! I live in your area an have had terrible production the past 2 years. I only grow about 12 plants so production isnt that large anyway. just curious, how many plants do you have ?

nancyruhl August 22, 2018 09:06 PM

Well, those came from the community garden site at UM Dearborn. Great soil and sun exposure. I also guesstimated the amount of Texas Tomato Food I applied, and suspect I was a bit heavy handed. There I have about 35 plants. The rest were from the cottage where I have 11 plants. The harvest was larger than usual because we did not get to the garden for 10 days.

Made 15 quarts of tomato juice and 13 pints of salsa. The rest went into a large batch of oven roasted tomato sauce.1

JRinPA August 24, 2018 12:56 AM

I feel weird saying this...I think that picture would make a heck of a knit pattern. Or quilt pattern, I don't know what you it would be called. But I think on a cold evening in the late fall or winter a blanket representing that would feel nice and warm. Yeah I am tired, half asleep, waiting for the canner to cool off, but I think it would almost SMELL like a warm summer.

Great pic and congrats on the haul.

lexxluthor August 24, 2018 08:45 AM

Nice colorful table full of maters.

taboule August 24, 2018 11:08 AM

Very nice, doesn't it feel good to score this big ? :yes:

shelleybean August 25, 2018 08:13 AM

I'm glad to read you like TC Jones so well. I've had seed for that for a while but haven't gotten around to growing it. I'll probably give it a try next season.

nancyruhl August 25, 2018 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few pictures with tomatoes harvested today and labelled. Those 5 Klaras weighed in for a total of 5 pounds. The Daetwylers weighed in at 6 pounds 1 ounce.

nancyruhl August 26, 2018 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Best testimony of the flavor of those tomatoes.

oakley August 26, 2018 10:08 AM

How great is that! Great harvest. Some years we are blessed. 2015 and 16 were good
ones for me. Too hot wet and humid here this season. But having a stellar pepper year. And herbs
and greens.

hovermother22 August 26, 2018 11:18 AM

Beautiful! Tomato Texas Food? I think I'm using that next year. How often are you fertilizing?
I'm in suburb of Chicago, not too far from you, and lots of people are complaining about it taking a long time for tomatoes to ripen this year. I have 54 plants, and we have done pretty well so far, but I hope we have a nice hot September, or else we too will have lots of green tomatoes.