Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Common Garden Diseases and Pests (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   help with tomato plants (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47429)

NicolasGarcia May 5, 2018 03:55 AM

help with tomato plants

4 Attachment(s)
Good morning from Spain and thanks in advance, some of my tomato plants are put the lower yellow leaves and spots, someone knows what is due? Maybe it's that it has rained on tomato plants? Thank you.
Nico

bower May 5, 2018 09:10 AM

Hi Nicolas.
The white spots underneath the leaves certainly look like insect activity to me, so the brown spots could be feeding damage.
In the first picture, this plant is pale green but I notice the new leaves are darker. So this suggests to me a nitrogen deficiency, possibly brought about by transplant stress, and/or too much water, and needing to adjust to conditions in the field, ie the root growth has to catch up with the shoots after being moved out of a small container.
Some N-rich liquid fertilizer such as a fish emulsion may help, for plants that are pale.

Also as the plants begin to grow strongly, they are less vulnerable to pests or disease. IMO. So anything that strengthens the plants will help. Some pests are more attracted to a high-N growth but in this case it appears the trouble is worst on older leaves. That suggests to me that a feeding will help.

Nan_PA_6b May 5, 2018 12:18 PM

Nicholas, I don't know what it is. But if they were my plants I would cut off all the parts with spots. Then, wash your hands and the scissors, in case it is disease.

Nan

ginger2778 May 5, 2018 06:35 PM

Septoria leaf spot due to the rain is the brown spots, the yellowing is overwatering and not enough nitrogen.After removing leaves with brown spots, use a fungicide like liquid copper for the Septoria, at 1/2 of the weakest recommended strength. Use 1 Tablespoon Epsom salt per gallon of water for greening up the leaves, but wait for it to dry out first.

NicolasGarcia May 6, 2018 02:00 AM

Good morning, thank you very much for your help, a friend in Spain has recommended me 3% hydrogen peroxide and reduced with water .20% peroxide and the rest of rainwater to fight the fungus, I did not know the salt of epsom to try ..... thank you very much again and have a good day.
Nico

NicolasGarcia May 6, 2018 02:27 AM

Epsom salt is used sprayed on the leaves? or directly on the land where the tomato is? Thank you

ginger2778 May 6, 2018 03:09 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;698739]Epsom salt is used sprayed on the leaves? or directly on the land where the tomato is? Thank you[/QUOTE]

Epsom salt us magnesium sulfate. Not sprayed, soaked directly into the land is the way. 1 Tablespoon dissolved into 1 gallon water.

NicolasGarcia May 6, 2018 03:18 AM

OK thank you very much

zipcode May 6, 2018 09:05 AM

I think the root system is not established yet. All sort of deficiencies appear after transplanting, especially in cold soil (I assume your soil is not cold though?), and it's just the incapacity of the plant to uptake well. You just need to wait.

NicolasGarcia May 7, 2018 01:38 AM

Thank you very much
Nico