Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Czech OP tomatoes- my project 2014-2016 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=30253)

MrBig46 October 17, 2013 01:12 PM

Czech OP tomatoes- my project 2014-2016

I want to grow all Czech OP comercial tomatoes during in 2014-2016 years. I shall be to photo, write and judge them in this thread.
Vladimír

Albertovské žluté-yelow;Indet ;1995;20 g;balcony
Bajaja-red;Det;2010;balcony
Brutus-red;Indet;2008;1000 g;beefsteak
Citrina-yelow;Indet;2008;75-85 g;rounded
Dalimil-Det;2013;85-95 g
Denár-red;Det;1988;90-110 g;oval
Diana-red ;Det;1994;60-80 g;rounded
Dulcia-yelow;Det;1991;Slighty flatened
Duo- yelow-red;Indet;2008;25-35 g;rounded
Eskort-red;Det;1996;90-110 g;pyriform
Galera-red;Det;2010;80-90 g;rounded
Goldkrone-yelow;Indet;2005;15-20 g;rounded
Hana-red;Det;1987;70-90 g;oval
Herodes-yelow-red; Indet;2010;200 g;heart
Homer-red;Det ;2003;oval
Hugo-red;Indet;2010;200 g;peper
Jitka-red;Det;2010; rounded
Karla-red; Det;1996;80-120 g; balcon
Lehečkovo pomerančové-orange;Indet;2006; rounded
Maharal-orange;Indet;2010;200-300 g;rounded
Minigold-yellow;Det;1996;balcon
Odeon-red;Det;1986;70-90 g;rounded
Oranže-orange;Det;1996;oval
Orbit-red; Det;1988;70-80 g;oval
Patria-red ;Det2003;rounded
Pavlína-red;Det;1996;120-160 g;beefsteak
Perun-yelow;Indet;1999;15-20 g;pyriform
Proton-red;Det ;1993;80-90 g;plum
Radana-red;Indet;2008;15-20 g;pyriform
Romus-yelow;Indet;2001;100-120 g;ounded
Rubinek-red;Det;2009;balcony
Salus-red;Det;1986;60-80 g;oval
Semarol-red;Det;1996;80-90 g;plum
Šejk-red;Det;1998;80-90 g;ovale
Sláva Porýní-red;Indet;1952;72-78 g;slighty flatened
Spencer-red;Indet;2008;25-35 g;rounded
Stupické polní rané-red;Indet;1955;40-60 g;rounded
Stupické skleníkové-red;Indet ;1954;60-80 g;rounded
Taiko-yelow;Indet;2008;30-40 g;plum
Terion-red;Det ;2010;80-90 g;oval
Titan -red;Det;1988; 40-60 g;plum
Tritonex-red;Det;1996;80-90 g;plum
Venus-orange; Det;2008;15-20 g;balcony
Vilma-red;Det;1999;15-20 g;balcony
Zlatava-orange;Inde;2008;80-100 g;rounded

Solanum315 October 18, 2013 01:26 AM

Look forward to hearing about this. I would say that some of the very best varieties have come from Eastern Europe.

clara October 18, 2013 03:52 AM

I've already grown about a dozen of the varieties you listed and am planning to start some more next year.

My Herodes is only red, not yellow-red.

MrBig46 October 18, 2013 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Solanum315;379002]Look forward to hearing about this. I would say that some of the very best varieties have come from Eastern Europe.[/QUOTE]

You will not believe me, I look forward to grow these tomatoes too.
I wish a nice day Vladimír
PS.:Czech republic isn´t already twenty years Eastern Europe.;)

MrBig46 October 18, 2013 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=clara;379011]I've already grown about a dozen of the varieties you listed and am planning to start some more next year.

My Herodes is only red, not yellow-red.[/QUOTE]

The information about that tomatoes are only from catalogs of firm SEMO, SEVA-SEED and Moravoseed. It is plausible that tomato Herodes is only red. I like, that you want to grow some Czech tomatoes in 2014 year. I shall grow these variety: Albertovské žluté, Citrina, Goldkrone, Herodes, Oranže, Pavlína, Radana, Šejk, Stupické polní rané, Stupické skleníkové, Sláva Porýní and Zlatava. I can post you the excess seeds these varieties at once. I shall have another seeds of Czech tomatoes in November- December:
-three new OP cherry tomatoes of firm SEMO-Bibi, Mini and Datlo (may be Valdo too)
-eight old commercial tomatoes from Czech comunity such as SSE in USA
The seeds will be sufficiency.

Andrey_BY October 18, 2013 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=MrBig46;379035]You will not believe me, I look forward to grow these tomatoes too.
PS.:Czech republic isn´t already twenty years Eastern Europe.;)[/QUOTE]

As I've noticed this before here it was very interesting how fast many former Warsaw Pact Eastern European countries have became Central European (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary) or from South Europe (Bulgaria, Romania) after USSR collapse :D It seems to me only Poland which is not afraid of their past is still honest Eastern looking on the map of Europe :)

P.S. I really like some Czech tomato varieties (all 4 Stupicke, Slava Poryni, Citrina, Romus, Dulcia).

MrBig46 October 18, 2013 03:06 PM

Andrey,
Bohemia and Moravia were always and are as well now Central Europe. After tragic II.world war was integrated territory Czech republic to dominance USSR (compromise from Jalta konference). Europe was politics divided on two blocks-Western and Eastern. This divide was only fourty years, today that is not true more than twenty years. How many years will be else Czech republic Eastern Europe- a hundred?
The map, which you added is misguided. Europe begining by Atlantic ocean on the west (Portugal) and ended on the mountains Ural on the east. From Prague is to Portugal about 2000 km, but on Ural about 5000 km.
For friends in USA- for example is Kansas East state of USA?
It was and is: Germany, Czech, Poland, Slovak, Hungary and Austria are state of Central Europe. Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Serbia etc….,are Balcan republic.
This is geography of Europe.
Andrey, a nice evening Vladimír

clara October 18, 2013 04:11 PM

Vladimir, many thanks for your friendly offer -I really appreciate it! But let me first check what I already have; perhaps we can do a trade later this year.

Have a nice weekend, clara

Desert Jonathan October 18, 2013 04:57 PM

Hello Vladimír,

All of those tomato varieties sound fantastic.......................or, at least the one's that i can
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Pronounce. LOL[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I hope you have a bunmper crop and remember to take lot's of pictures for us. Please save lot's of seeds, you know there are many people at T'Ville who will want to do seed swaps. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Myself included.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]-Jonathan.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Andrey_BY October 18, 2013 05:44 PM

Vladimir, East or West home is best! :)
We used not counting kilometers in Russia because it is huge and if I will count them Belarus should be in the Center of Europe :D.
We used to learn another European geography without any politics in it :)

Doug9345 October 18, 2013 09:05 PM

How much do the varieties that are grown vary from the Czech Republic to the neighboring countries. I assume that they have different names in different places, but are they the same varieties with different names or different tomatoes. Is what people consider to be a "proper" tomato different in Poland that in The Czech Republic or Belarus for that matter.

MrBig46 October 19, 2013 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=Desert Jonathan;379067]Hello Vladimír,

All of those tomato varieties sound fantastic.......................or, at least the one's that i can
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Pronounce. LOL[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I hope you have a bunmper crop and remember to take lot's of pictures for us. Please save lot's of seeds, you know there are many people at T'Ville who will want to do seed swaps. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Myself included.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]-Jonathan.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I shall be to grow some Czech tomatoes for the first time. I buy original seeds and I want to post them to USA (24 packs of seeds for Tormato „Mostly Mystery ´Mater mailing“). I haven´t adress where these seeds to post by that time.
I shall save the seed from all Czech tomatoes which I shall plant in 2014 year. This thread would not have effect, if I hadn´t seeds for an interested persons on second side of Atlantic. At first I must find a partner there on this project.
Vladimír

MrBig46 October 20, 2013 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=Doug9345;379086]How much do the varieties that are grown vary from the Czech Republic to the neighboring countries. I assume that they have different names in different places, but are they the same varieties with different names or different tomatoes. Is what people consider to be a "proper" tomato different in Poland that in The Czech Republic or Belarus for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Doug,
these varieties of Czech tomatoes are assigned with these names in catalogue EU. I know only, that they are shopped with this names for example in Estonia. The names of trees, vegetables, etc. never translate to Czech language (only Russian are writing in roman characters). 99% Czech gardeners plant only Czech tomatoes (generally F1), because these varieties are best adapted to weather and the all other in ČR. I planted only two foreign varieties –Bonset F1 (Dutch) and Hellperle (DDR) for 45 year.
I don´t know Poland, Belarus,.....
I wish a nice evening Vladimír

carolyn137 October 30, 2013 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=clara;379011]I've already grown about a dozen of the varieties you listed and am planning to start some more next year.

My Herodes is only red, not yellow-red.[/QUOTE]

Clara, I received seeds from you for Herodes and this is the info you sent:

1. Herodes (seeds from Moravo Seeds, Czech Republic).
I've found 2 translations via google translator (from Estonian and
Russian language). Sorry, I didn't correct the mistakes:

"Early in the central indeterminate
variety. Fruit large, outer skins, heart-shaped shape,
pinkish color. Fruit weighing 160-180 g."

"Middle-class indeterminate. Fruits are large,
fleshy, heart-shaped, pink. The mass of
160-180g."

Above is the info that Clara gave me about Herodes. Both
translations say pink and it's one she's grown.

%%%%%%

One of the persons who does seed production for me grew it out this past summer and did get pink hearts as
you noted above, but then told me that someone else had said they were red.

So I was directed to this thread and am asking if the info you sent me is correct Clara, or there is a red version, or whatever?

This person would like to SSE list so needs to know some correct background info. I know it's a variety from the Czech Republic but is it a family heirloom or one that was bred by Moravoseeds?

If there are enough seeds I plan to offer it in my seed offer here at Tville, so any info any of you can give me would be be greatly appreciatd,

Thanks,

Carolyn

clara October 30, 2013 07:13 PM

Carolyn, perhaps I was a bit too hasty to say that my Herodes was red - perhaps it was pink, I can't say for sure as I didn't check the epidermis. It was my first year growing Herodes. You know I couldn't take care of my tomatoes for some weeks and when I was able to do it again, there were only rotten tomatoes on that plant - I didn't even taste them, but tossed them away as they were looking too disgusting. My apologies for a possible confusion.

I have no other infos on it other than the one I already gave you from the seed package. As I don't speak Czech, Vladimir can surely better provide you with infos or perhaps Gunnar.

Sorry again! clara