Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ContainerTed ::: Back from the dead again (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50634)

ContainerTed September 27, 2020 05:31 PM

ContainerTed ::: Back from the dead again

4 Attachment(s)
Just got home from hospital. Wanted all to know that I've been having a rough time with severe pancreatitis. I guess it was too many good drinks over the years. Right now, my doctors are hopeful I can get thru this. My strength is pretty good, given all the stuff I've been thru. But I wanted you folks to know that I appreciate being a part of this community and like the danged cancer we went thru, they can hurt me, but I don't have to like it. So much for my attitude check.

But here's the good stuff. Somehow I've been able to manage a few tomatoes. Here's a couple of pictures.

For my good friend Retiree. here's Ashleigh from your old seeds.

[ATTACH]92561[/ATTACH]

For another good friend, Clara, here's Henry's Sunshine from this year.

[ATTACH]92562[/ATTACH]

For Craig (NCTOMATOMAN), to whom we all owe so much, and whom I am humbled to have been able to call my friend, here's Shelby's Purple which took a lot of searching.

[ATTACH]92563[/ATTACH]

Eveyone take care and wish me well in the fight ahead of me. I have always felt privileges to been a part of this community. I hope I can continue for a while.

Master Shake September 27, 2020 06:58 PM

I don't know you but best wishes, Sir.

And nice pictures. :)

mcsee September 27, 2020 07:14 PM

Gee Ted, not good news, but I'm sure your Doctors will get you through it and back on deck soon. Nice to see you posting your tomatoes again, I will try them one day.

Take care my friend, stay well.

mcsee

hl2601 September 27, 2020 09:11 PM

Dear Ted-
I am glad to see you back and wish you the very best! I hope you can do some self care and I think a glass of your homemade tomato juice has simply got to help!
Heide

Norval September 27, 2020 09:46 PM

Hello Ted:
I've followed your postings and borrowed your good information about container growing since you lived in Atlanta and posted at Garden Web. I avidly read your advice and knowledge posted here at Tomatoville.
Best wishes for your good health, keep your spirits up and keep chugging along.
Norval

PaulF September 27, 2020 10:44 PM

Please take care and get better soon.

KarenO September 28, 2020 10:10 AM

I’m sorry to hear of your Illness Ted, I wish you a fast and full recovery!
KarenO

ddsack September 28, 2020 10:49 AM

Hang in there, Ted! You know you have our total support, always! The pictures of the tomatoes make me wish my season was not over.

brownrexx September 28, 2020 10:50 AM

I don't know you either but I wish you the best and your tomatoes look beautiful.

mike5953 September 28, 2020 11:40 AM

Nice looking tomatoes Ted.
Hope you continue feeling better!

MrBig46 September 28, 2020 02:21 PM

Ted, I'm thinking of you. Hold on!
Vladimir

PhilaGardener September 28, 2020 07:23 PM

Rest well and think of next year's tomatoes! They will be worth it!

Salsacharley September 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Thanks for the update Ted. So sorry to know of your physical challenge. Best wishes for strength, comfort and peace as you heal.

sjamesNorway September 29, 2020 11:35 AM

You're a survivor, Ted. I wish you a speedy recovery, my friend.

Steve

Barb_FL September 29, 2020 11:15 PM

I hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Your tomatoes look delicious.

Take care,
Barb