Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Remy Rotella (Sample Seed Shop) (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50554)

tomatoaddict August 6, 2020 03:27 PM

Remy Rotella (Sample Seed Shop)

I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately Remy has passed away. She was diagnosed early Julywith liver cancer and it was so far advanced there really wasn't much they could do. She went very peacefully and in no pain.
I spoke with her a couple of times in the past 3 weeks and she handled it so gracefully. So much strength and acceptance.
I know she has many friends here so thought it proper to let everyone know. RIP REMY

NarnianGarden August 6, 2020 03:47 PM

So very sad to hear. Thanks for letting us know.. RIP

PaulF August 6, 2020 04:15 PM

That is terrible news. This is a huge loss to the gardening world. Such a nice person. She will be missed by so many. Sympathies to Remy's family.

ddsack August 6, 2020 04:40 PM

So sad. Remy was a treasure.

Mashman August 6, 2020 05:10 PM

So very sad. A wonderful person. Sincere sympathy to her family.

MrsTwigg August 6, 2020 06:10 PM

Thank you for sharing this news with us. I only knew Remy from her contributions online, and also because her shop was my very favorite source for seeds. Receiving those beautiful packages of hand stamped seed envelopes of hers brought me a lot of joy. Her flowers are blooming in my garden now as I type this. I’m so saddened to hear that she has passed. My condolences to her family.

Koala Doug August 6, 2020 06:29 PM

:cry:

vanalpaca August 6, 2020 07:03 PM

So very saddened by this news this morning.

kath August 6, 2020 07:48 PM

:shock::cry: What a shock! I had no idea that she has been ill. This year I'm growing her Cherry Queen cleome, Irish Eyes rudbeckia, Dot's Delight, Erdie Family Heirloom and Georgische Fleische. A great loss to the tomato world, indeed, as well as to the many people who knew and loved her. Sincerest sympathies to all her family and friends.
Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord...

KarenO August 6, 2020 08:00 PM

She enriched many lives and many gardens. Rest In Peace Remy.

KarenO

Fusion_power August 6, 2020 08:33 PM

I swapped seed with her several times. She will be missed --- and I will miss her.

Labradors2 August 6, 2020 08:57 PM

What shocking news.

I'm so sad that Remy is gone.

RIP Remy.

Linda

rxkeith August 6, 2020 10:59 PM

this is sad news indeed.

i always liked the concept of her sample seed shop, and was one of many who
swapped seeds with her. we had some fun with some heirloom bean seeds,
the tennesse red eye fall bean, and grandma gina.
we will miss her.

rest in peace remy

keith

Zana August 6, 2020 11:06 PM

So saddened to hear of Remy's passing.

Remy was a beautiful soul who went out of her way to help people. I remember when my Dad passed that she showed up at the funeral. I'll miss her sense of humour, her knowledge and of course her Tomatofest parties.

Rest in Peace dear friend, you will be greatly missed.

Volvo August 6, 2020 11:15 PM

Didnt know Remy but may she RIP..