Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   NORCATT™ XI - 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   NORCATT spring 2007 plant swap! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=4432)

annietomatomad March 27, 2007 12:59 AM

GTG,

Is it possible to meet any earlier? I have to be somewhere else and that starts at 7.30 (I can be a little late but if I meet you at that time, I'll be much too late). Let me know.

Cheers, Annie

chilhuacle March 27, 2007 12:57 PM

[quote="Annietomatomad"]
Bruce, any chance you can meet us there on Friday evening?

[/quote]

I can't make it then but maybe we can work something out a little later. The plants are still tiny so there's no rush.

GreenThumbGal_07 March 27, 2007 07:53 PM

Annie, What about 5:00 or 5:30 instead? GTG

vermiit March 28, 2007 03:20 AM

Hi Annie!

Is there any chance I could get a Speckled Roman and Lucky Cross from you?
I've replanted about 6-8 tomato plants to swap. I brought my flat back inside for tonight, it's supposed to get in the high 30's tonight! At least it's not snow and sleet like SoCal...

Diana

annietomatomad March 28, 2007 07:48 PM

Debra, is it possible to make it 6 or 6.30 instead? Sorry to be so particular but Nate doesn't get off from work till 5pm and it'll take us about half an hour or more to get to you so I don't want to keep you waiting in case we don't make it at 5.30.

Diana, no problems with Speckled Roman. I have tons of that but lemme check about Lucky Cross. I think I should have enough too. I'll pass it along to Debra.

annietomatomad March 28, 2007 07:49 PM

I just want to confirm that these are the plants I'm passing along to Debra:
Kosovo and BTD for Angelique
Speckled Roman and Lucky Cross for Diana

Debra, I will be happy to take a Momotaro from you too.

Anyone else?

Cheers, Annie

Mischka March 28, 2007 08:20 PM

There's a calendar here that moderators can add events to, so that members can check to remind themselves in advance. (hint hint Bruce) :lol:

vermiit March 29, 2007 01:25 AM

Thanks Annie! That would be great. I tried starting seed for Lucky Cross last year...but had no 'luck'. (ouch) And Speckled Roman, I just overlooked this year!

Diana

GreenThumbGal_07 March 29, 2007 05:06 PM

Hi Annie,

Would 6:30 p.m. (Friday, March 30th) be better, then?

I'll be bringing for you (please confirm, one of each):
* Honey Hybrid
* Momotaro Hybrid
* Sugar Snack Hybrid

I'll be taking from you (for Angelique)
* Lucky Cross
* Speckled Roman

Thanks,

GTG

bugsy March 29, 2007 08:28 PM

argh i'm going to be out of town that weekend as well. if anyone wants to meet informally the weekend of the 7th-8th I'm game. I only have two plants to give though. My others died because I wasn't in town and the caretaker didn't do a good job.

I have an extra earl of edgecombe and japanese trifele black (unless someone kills them before i get back into town). I started them in mid Feb so they are perfect transplanting size now.

annietomatomad March 30, 2007 02:30 AM

GTG,

6:30 pm; see you there!

Cheers, Annie

GreenThumbGal_07 March 30, 2007 11:05 AM

Annie,

Ack, mistake on my earlier post:

Bringing to you:
* Honey Hybrid
* Momotaro Hybrid
* Sugar Snack Hybrid

Taking from you:
(for Angelique)
* Kosovo
* BTD
(for Diana)
* Speckled Roman
* Lucky Cross

See you at 6:30!

GTG

angelique March 30, 2007 11:20 PM

Hi All,

I finally counted my extra tomato plants.

Noire Chaboneuse
Cherokee Green -2
Sutton (only two true leaves)
Goose Creek
Citron Compact- 2
Coyote
Little Lucky-2
Orange Woodle -2
Varigated-2
Lime Green Salad
Coustralee
Grub's Mystery Green
Yellow Out Red In (only 1 set of first true leaves)

GreenThumbGal_07 March 31, 2007 03:58 PM

All,

Sorry I couldn't make it.

I got as far as the Suisun-Fairfield Amtrak station, and called the taxi company, and they told me (contrary to their earlier response) that I was out of their service area.

I consulted the phone book at the train station, but the "Taxi" pages were ripped out.

So, I turned around and went home. Hope you all had a nice plant swap.

Diana and Angelique: I have your plants from Annie. Let's discuss some way I can send them to you.

GTG

vermiit March 31, 2007 05:46 PM

Hi GTG,
We're so sorry you couldn't make it! Next time, we need to exchange phone numbers too...we waited there for you for over an hour, worried that you'd show up later with no one there!

Bruce bought dozens of little tomato plants, there were my leggy unbeauties, and Angelique brought quite a few too! Besides buying 4 from Morningsun, I ended up taking all but a couple home with me, and will find them all good homes in friend's gardens, my cousin's place in Redding and quite a few will end up in our school garden as well, I'm sure!

GTG, I'm not sure how to get the plants here. Can you find the ones meant for me good homes where you are?

It was nice visiting with everyone! Summer and our Norcatt tomato tasting will be here before we know it!

Diana