Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Common Garden Diseases and Pests (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   tomato thieves (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45959)

encore September 5, 2017 08:57 AM

tomato thieves

1 Attachment(s)
now i know where all the holes in my ripe tomatoes are coming from! lol--tom

MissS September 5, 2017 09:12 AM

Yes you do! Now you know where to place the traps and what to use as bait. It looks as if they were cooperating to get this fruit to where it is.

encore September 5, 2017 09:44 AM

lol i put that one there to see what would come, there are 3 mice in the picture., traps go out tonight! lol

Worth1 September 5, 2017 08:25 PM

Ya gotta admit they do look cute.
Just look at the little feller.

I finally tossed out Smokey's dried up mummy mouse. :lol:
Worth

Farmette September 5, 2017 08:39 PM

Is that one hanging over your window well?? Can't see the third, but it does look like they are working together. LOL, perhaps your canning equipment is in the basement and they are just trying to transport it down there to help you get ready for more canning?

Worth1 September 5, 2017 08:47 PM

It is I didn't see that one.
You need a good cat.

encore September 6, 2017 07:54 AM

the third one is up close to the house kinda behind a piece of mulch. lol

clkeiper September 6, 2017 10:24 AM

still only see two of them but that is two too many. Snap traps with peanutbutter or rolo candies smashed down tight will do the trick. the candy seems to work better fwiw.

encore September 6, 2017 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here they are! lol

clkeiper September 6, 2017 12:25 PM

I was looking in front of the window well and the other "thing" hanging at the back corner... you have a great eye. I would have never seen it.

Worth1 September 6, 2017 01:13 PM

I see at least ten more that no one has mentioned.
Worth

brownrexx September 6, 2017 03:38 PM

I trap them too when I have too but I always feel sad to have to kill something that is just trying to get something to eat. They really are cute.

Salsacharley September 6, 2017 06:28 PM

I hate to kill anything too. I had some mice in my house this summer and I had to "get rid" of them. I used poison bate stuff and I can't stand to think of the poor varmints dying. I'll kill a cockroach, mosquito, or fly, but not with any pleasure. I go out of my way not to harm spiders unless safety is an issue. I don't even like to prune or weed. Geeze I've become a lump of goo.

Worth1 September 6, 2017 07:17 PM

I let Smokey do the dirty work.
She gets great pleasure from it.:lol:

brownrexx September 7, 2017 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Salsacharley;663715]I hate to kill anything too. Geeze I've become a lump of goo.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with having respect for all forms of live no matter how small. They all have a purpose.

I prefer using mouse traps instead of poison because they the mice die immediately and don't suffer.

I would NEVER use a glue trap where they would struggle to escape and they suffer for hours and hours until they finally die. Some stores do not even sell glue boards for this reason.