Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   CHOPTAG™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   2011 Taste Fest Date (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=18170)

JerryL May 7, 2011 06:00 PM

2011 Taste Fest Date

For those at the plant swap that asked:

The Taste Fest date is Saturday, Aug 27th starting at 11:30 and going until whenever.

See ya all there.

Barbee May 7, 2011 06:06 PM

I'll be there :)
For all of you who weren't able to make it today, you really missed out on some nice varieties. I came home with quite a few new to me tomatoes and that wasn't in the plans at all..I couldn't resist!
Always great to see you guys. Lurley, it was a pleasure meeting you today. And our president Jerry, thanks for all you do for us :)

lurley July 3, 2011 09:24 PM

I'll be there too.:yes: At least it's late enough maybe I'll have some tomatoes to bring too. I'm down to trying to get the last 100 in the ground.

JerryL August 7, 2011 04:22 PM

It's time to start talking this up a bit.

It's only 20 days away.

:D:lol::)):dizzy:

Lee August 7, 2011 09:00 PM

Ok, I'll start! If you haven't been to this event, you're in for a great
time. Wonderful bunch of folks with a great passion for maters.... and
of course Earl's pork ain't half bad either! :)

I would love to attend another one of these events, but I start a new job
this week and won't be able to take the time off for the drive... maybe next year though.

Good luck all for a great event!

Lee

Barbee August 8, 2011 10:33 AM

My tomatoes are coming on now in full force!
Woohoo, I hope I have some left for the tasting. If not, I'll just tell you all how delicious they are ;)
Can't wait to see everyone again. I missed last year's tasting so I'll need to sample twice as many varieties!

lurley August 10, 2011 09:11 AM

Still not sure if I'll have much in the way of tomatoes this year, maybe I'll have three or four varieties. Luckily I'm a great baker and can bring sweet yummy goodies!:)

beatpoet August 10, 2011 04:52 PM

If things keep progressing as they have for me so far, I should have a decent batch to bring with me.

Barbee August 15, 2011 08:00 AM

I have got tomatoes running out my ears right now. Ain't that the way it always goes!
Oh well, I should have plenty for the tasting too. Not sure what I'll bring food wise. Hopefully, more folks will check in soon!

lurley August 16, 2011 05:00 PM

If anyone is inundated with tomatoes that they can't use, I will take all you bring for canning. Does anyone want eggplant, okra, or any hot peppers?

JerryL August 18, 2011 12:41 PM

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Some info and directions.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]As usual we’ll use Paxton Ramsey Park. [/SIZE][/FONT][URL="http://www.miamitwp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=87&Itemid=91"][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]http://www.miamitwp.org/index.php?op...d=87&Itemid=91[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]B[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]ring the fruits of your labor and share with others. Of course food is always welcome. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]Everyone is welcome to join us. This is a family affair, so bring the kids, the parents, the grandparents and anyone else that likes tomatoes.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]There is only one rule. Bring tomatoes or bring food. You can of course bring both.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]Hope to see everyone there. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Directions to the park:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If you are coming from the North, Down I-75 or I-71 you’ll want to take I275 East to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Using the CENTER lane turn LEFT off the exit. This will put you in the right hand lane on Wards Corner Rd. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If your coming from the South up I-71/75 take I-275 North to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]For those coming from Indiana on I74 use I-275 through Kentucky continuing to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.[/COLOR]

Barbee August 21, 2011 11:31 AM

I have started labeling the tomatoes that I'll be bringing so I remember what is what. I should have a nice selection of about 12 varieties including the Dwarf Sweet Scarlett.
See you all next Saturday!

beatpoet August 21, 2011 11:36 AM

I'll probably be bringing between 3 and 6 varieties. 3 are a sure bet, the others have plenty of fruit on the plant, just playing the waiting game on ripening, lost the first fruits on a couple of those to BER.

Earl August 22, 2011 05:55 PM

Hello Friends,
Kathy and I will not be there [except in spirit] for the Taste Fest. I've got skin cancer surgery on Friday. But just as well, for a number of reasons, my tomato growing has gone to heck sitting atop a gas soaked bale of hay. Of the few I finally did get planted none are ripe. I'll find out what went on reading your forum posts and hopefully get to see some pictures. Y'all have fun and taste a few for me. Take care. Earl and Kathy

Sherry_AK August 22, 2011 06:04 PM

Earl -- Good wishes to you with your surgery. Pls let us know how you're doing.

Sherry