Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Dotson's 2018 Garden in Spartanburg, SC (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46884)

jillian April 22, 2018 09:56 PM

Oh my, Darin, you have been missing out! I absolutely love me some Crowder peas, with or without the ham hock. You are in for a treat!

KarenO April 22, 2018 10:00 PM

even with a later start, I wonder what will be your first ripe one...
KarenO

Spartanburg123 April 22, 2018 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;696634]even with a later start, I wonder what will be your first ripe one...
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Other than the Early Girls I have, I'll bet Zena's Gift will be first, based on your reviews!!!

Spartanburg123 April 30, 2018 12:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Delivering seedlings to folks at work, and a few pics of the garden on 4/29/18.

ginger2778 April 30, 2018 01:16 PM

Looks really great Darin. I betcha your own from seed are going to do far better than that Bonnie plant. They put growth inhibitors on them to keep them small on the store shelf. So what happens when you get that growth inhibited plant home?

KarenO April 30, 2018 01:48 PM

looking good and the tomatoes are nice too.
haha!
The garden will start shooting and growing like crazy. I find it interesting to see the difference from one week to the next, the rapid growth of a wee little tomato seed is really quite impressive.
KarenO

jillian April 30, 2018 08:13 PM

Everything looks good, and how very nice of you to share your seedlings with your coworkers. I'm sure you made their day!

Spartanburg123 May 1, 2018 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;697746]Looks really great Darin. I betcha your own from seed are going to do far better than that Bonnie plant. They put growth inhibitors on them to keep them small on the store shelf. So what happens when you get that growth inhibited plant home?[/QUOTE]

Once those growth-inhibited roots hit the rabbit poop, this thing will go crazy! :)

ginger2778 May 1, 2018 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Spartanburg123;697856]Once those growth-inhibited roots hit the rabbit poop, this thing will go crazy! :)[/QUOTE]

Like!

Spartanburg123 May 6, 2018 06:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK, as I mentioned before, I had all of my seedlings numbered in a 36 Jiffy pod tray, but a windstorm knocked them over and scattered them randomly on the ground. So I have 9 unknowns of 9 different varieties, one each. Three of these are PL plants: Rebel Yell, Daniel Burson, and Lucky Cross. Of course I'll be able to tell at fruit ripening, but for fun I'm going to take a guess at one at least. The first plant pictured is Daniel Burson I believe, as the stem is fused in several places, as was mentioned in the great thread started by MissS in 2016. I figure I have a 33% chance to get it right. If anyone else has any guesses on these, please join in the fun!

Spartanburg123 May 6, 2018 08:18 PM

10 Attachment(s)
A few more pics, along with my helper Sarge. In pots I have Pink Brandywine, Karma Pink, and one Early Girl. The small plant with broad leaves is a Crowder pea, have about 8 of them coming up. Two of my plants have megablooms on the first cluster, although I don't know the identity yet- I am guessing GGWT by the very dark green leaves. I think my wife did a marvelous job color coordinating in the flower pots! Lots of attractions for bees and flies this summer!

Gerardo May 6, 2018 09:22 PM

Go Sarge, enthusiastic thumbs up on the flowers .

Spartanburg123 May 6, 2018 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=Gerardo;698893]Go Sarge, enthusiastic thumbs up on the flowers .[/QUOTE]

Why thank you Gerardo! I hope you have a knockout season this year!!

KarenO May 6, 2018 09:57 PM

Beautiful pots, everything looks great Darin!
KarenO

Spartanburg123 May 6, 2018 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;698900]Beautiful pots, everything looks great Darin!
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy! My Karma Pink got a whiff of Round Up, I think, but is recovering nicely. I'm mixing in the front yard from now on. Zena's Gift was the smallest when I set them all out, but is gaining on the others. Didn't you say it has a low DTM??