Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2018/2019 MMMM questions (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48519)

Tormato December 31, 2018 10:31 AM

2018/2019 MMMM questions

This will be the thread for any questions on what participants received (not on WHEN will I receive my package;)).

jtjmartin December 31, 2018 11:28 PM

Descriptions for:

Enduro #1

Gallego

MrBig46 January 1, 2019 02:48 AM

Description for Gallego is on Tatiana's TOMATObase
Vladimír

eyegrotom January 1, 2019 10:58 AM

Description for Pomidor Paw

jtjmartin January 1, 2019 11:07 AM

[B]Gallego[/B]:

Tomato native province of Galicia (Spain). Mid season, indeterminante, regular leaves, large red fruits (600-700 g) with a very thin skin, fleshy with a few seeds, excellent taste, sweet.

Thank you MrBig and Tatiana!

oldman January 1, 2019 11:55 AM

Eyegrotom,

Remember that you can search Tomatoville for variety information too. KarenO discussed this variety last year
(correction, in Oct 2017 ;-). It's Polish and the name means Peacock Tomato although the vendors who are selling it online all list it by its original name.

jtjmartin January 1, 2019 06:17 PM

[B]Pomidor Paw[/B]:

"Hello, they were pink, saladette. Very good flavour on an interesting plant with that oddly upright growth habit.
Folks in the mmmm might get some seeds, I sent it in.
KarenO"

Thank you KarenO!

Tormato January 2, 2019 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=jtjmartin;722645]Descriptions for:

Enduro #1

Gallego[/QUOTE]

I'll get the limited description from the label of Enduro #1.

The breeder, Bill Jeffers (travis) is a T'ville member, but has not posted for almost a year. You could still try a PM.;)

Tormato January 2, 2019 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=jtjmartin;722758][B]Pomidor Paw[/B]:

"Hello, they were pink, saladette. Very good flavour on an interesting plant with that oddly upright growth habit.
Folks in the mmmm might get some seeds, I sent it in.
KarenO"

Thank you KarenO![/QUOTE]

:roll:"Folks in the mmmm might get some seeds".:roll:

Quite modest talk for sending it in as a Nifty Fifty variety.:?:

carolyn137 January 2, 2019 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;722803]I'll get the limited description from the label of Enduro #1.

The breeder, Bill Jeffers (travis) is a T'ville member, but has not posted for almost a year. You could still try a PM.;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, Bill voluntarily left Tville over a year ago,but I am still in touch with him since he has sent me several varieties, seeds of which ,have been in recent seed offers.

I am confused a bit as to what you want me to ask him about,so please just PM me about that.

Thanks,

Carolyn

KarenO January 2, 2019 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Tormato;722804]:roll:"Folks in the mmmm might get some seeds".:roll:

Quite modest talk for sending it in as a Nifty Fifty variety.:?:[/QUOTE]

:) well it’s rare and should be salvaged from obscurity.
Thanks for that :) it’s a unique little tomato!
KO

eyegrotom January 2, 2019 10:35 PM

Is Homestead Red the same as Homestead 24 ? Everything that I read makes me think they are the same. Thanks Mike

eyegrotom January 2, 2019 10:38 PM

Looking for info on Cosa Arrugada pepper. Thanks Mike

Tormato January 3, 2019 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=eyegrotom;722870]Is Homestead Red the same as Homestead 24 ? Everything that I read makes me think they are the same. Thanks Mike[/QUOTE]

According to the donor from a few years ago, no. Homestead 24 was described as superior, to Homestead, in hot weather.

audrey17 January 8, 2019 05:02 PM

Yellow Morrow Watermelon??

I received seeds for this in the MMMM & have searched all over the net to no avail for ANY info on this watermelon! The only info on the label is the name & that it weighs from 8-10 pounds. I searched for variations of the name (in case I was reading the label incorrectly) & I found bupkas, nada, nothing!!:?

Anyone know anything about it?

Audrey