Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Tomatopalooza™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   International visitors for Tomatopalooza 2008... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=7445)

Patrina_Pepperina January 10, 2008 01:49 AM

International visitors for Tomatopalooza 2008...

... please post here! :D

I'm all booked, flights organised, deposit paid! I'll be touching down in Raleigh on July 20th, staying with Craig and Sue Lehoullier. I'm lucky because I got in first, hahahaha ;) Following T'palooza I depart on 28th to go to Honolulu for a couple days on my way back to Australia. And I'll need to start seedlings almost immediately I get back home, certainly no later than the end of the first week in August!

Soooooo...... how many Tomatovillians will I get to meet, eh? Jennifer, any chance of you coming down to T'palooza? I'm sorry I just couldn't squeeze in Canada. My around-the-world ticket allowed me 26,000 km, and I came in at 25,993 (or 25,995 something like that) so I just made it 8)

Anyone coming over from the UK or Europe? Lets meet at T'palooza 2008! Carolyn, feel like venturing south and meeting up with all your favourite tomato people? :lol: (Seriously!)

Patrina

cdntomato January 10, 2008 08:49 AM

Dear heart, I was already thinking about it or SSE's annual camp-out. Now I'm going to get serious about checking details.

Me
with hugs

Lee January 10, 2008 09:07 AM

Guess I better get to updating the web site!

July 26th it is!
Location is still to be determined (I believe).
Time 1~4ish pm.

Let's just hope we get enough rain to have a decent crop this
year... (However funny enough, of the few days it rained last summer, Tomatopalooza[tm] V was one of them!)

Lee

nctomatoman January 10, 2008 10:50 AM

As far as I know we have been invited back to the Efland farm...Jimmy??? Is that your understanding???

carolyn137 January 10, 2008 02:40 PM

Carolyn, feel like venturing south and meeting up with all your favourite tomato people? :lol: (Seriously!)

Oh how I feel like it Patrina, but it isn't going to happen. After the two months in the wheelchair last summer after the femur fracture when the right new hip went in that right leg where I severed all four of the quad muscles just has not returned to the the function and strength it had before, and that's function with only 3/4 quads functional.

Its' so bad that I was scared to even go out and drive my car last Fall. I have to put the walker in the back seat and then handwalk to the driver's door and reverse the process when leaving the car and it's the hand walking along the car that's now scary.

Getting to the Albany airport is not easy for me at all and negotiating airports and transfers, even with those scooter things they have at airports is not something I feel I can do.

So home I must stay, unfortunately, although I think you know how much I'd love to be there. BTW, I'm not even allowed to use my walker on my lawn, and that's yet another problem re all lawns. Sigh.

Andrey_BY January 10, 2008 03:19 PM

Carolyn, me and many European members will be happy to see all this crazy tomato party via a web-camera ;)

tomatoaddict January 10, 2008 07:01 PM

I think Phreddy and his wife should come.

cdntomato January 10, 2008 07:54 PM

Carolyn, could you travel by car comfortably? I'm willing to swing by and get you if you're willing and able. And any OT or PSW-type stuff necessary would be old hat for me, as you know. Just a thought, but there's no need to decide now.

Jennifer

Suze January 11, 2008 03:37 AM

Tomatopalooza '08? I'm getting excited about it already, and will consider it to be quite the pleasure and honor to spend the day hanging out with Patrina and anyone else who can attend.

Another fun tomato gathering in store, for sure!

Raymondo January 12, 2008 12:54 AM

I'm planning on being there. I also want to spend some time visiting some other places (Heritage Farm in Iowa for one). Haven't booked or even looked at flights or accommodation, but there's plenty of time still.
How far from anywhere is the venue?

phreddy January 12, 2008 03:04 AM

[quote=tomatoaddict;84510]I think Phreddy and his wife should come.[/quote]
Wow! Is this an all expences paid trip, Terry? You Americans are so generous but I don't think that it would be possible this year but thanks so much for the offer.

chellestar83 January 16, 2008 09:53 PM

I was unable to make it in 2007 but I have already marked my calander! I'm lucky enough to live in the great state of NC so it's not a far drive for me.

mdvpc January 16, 2008 10:02 PM

I have it on my calendar and hope nothing comes in the way of attending. I would love to meet some of my TV friends. :)

nctomatoman January 16, 2008 10:02 PM

For those people who are coming in from distant lands (Australia, Canada, Texas, Massachusetts, Georgia, Michigan, etc) - please try to schedule your trip to leave a free day on either end. Once Sue and I get a handle of who will be around when, we would like to have you to our house for a meal. (we can put Patrina to work on the kitchen!!!!....). We are really looking forward to the event! Now if we will get some rain so that we can actually grow some tomatoes this year!

Patrina_Pepperina January 16, 2008 11:10 PM

[quote=nctomatoman;85391]For those people who are coming in from distant lands (Australia, Canada, Texas, Massachusetts, Georgia, Michigan, etc) - please try to schedule your trip to leave a free day on either end. Once Sue and I get a handle of who will be around when, we would like to have you to our house for a meal. (we can put Patrina to work on the kitchen!!!!....). We are really looking forward to the event! Now if we will get some rain so that we can actually grow some tomatoes this year![/quote]

You betcha!! :lol: I love playing around in the kitchen, and by the way (if I recall correctly) Raymondo is a pretty decent chef ;) Dobbed you in Raymondo, hehehe

PP