Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Marsha's 2017/18 photo thread (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46022)

Barb_FL January 22, 2018 09:43 PM

Great job; I never heard of a 2 lber grown in Florida.

Will check out Tanunda b/c I really like Sweet Scarlet.

Has your garden recovered from the fungus?

Fritz77 January 23, 2018 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;676833]Ludmilla's Pink Heart
Midnight sun from Karen Olivier's True North breeding project, I have F6 seeds for her.
Another MS photo showing a different plant cut fruit
Brutus[/QUOTE]

Beautiful pictures and tomatoes! Midnight sun look very interesting as I like bicolor and heart shaped tomatoes. Can you tell us more about it? How does it taste compare to OR 117?

Also, can you tell us more about Wild Thyme Pink? I didn't find much information about it on the web. Last season wasn't very good for pink tomatoes in my garden but I would like to give them another try next spring.

Damiano

ginger2778 January 23, 2018 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=Barb_FL;679407]Great job; I never heard of a 2 lber grown in Florida.

Will check out Tanunda b/c I really like Sweet Scarlet.

Has your garden recovered from the fungus?[/QUOTE] it has recovered from the first round, but we have some more fog today. That makes me worry.

[QUOTE=Fritz77;679433]Beautiful pictures and tomatoes! Midnight sun look very interesting as I like bicolor and heart shaped tomatoes. Can you tell us more about it? How does it taste compare to OR 117?

Also, can you tell us more about Wild Thyme Pink? I didn't find much information about it on the web. Last season wasn't very good for pink tomatoes in my garden but I would like to give them another try next spring.

Damiano[/QUOTE] I am growing both Midnight Sun and OR 117, I can tell you that Midnight Sun is more pink, and has a more intense flavor, or 117 is rather mild. However midnight sun is not stable, and will not be released until Karen decides that it is stable and able to be. It's her creation, and I am doing a southern trial of this one. She may release it next fall if she feels it a stable. Wild thyme pink is an excellent production and taste pink tomato that I wouldn't hesitate to grow, it is my second year in a row growing it. This year I like it far better than Elgin pink which for some reason has a strange taste this year.

Ann123 January 23, 2018 04:50 PM

How is candy sweet icicle? As sweet as its name?

JosephineRose February 9, 2018 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;678775]Linda, they will be at F7 in the fall, and Karen will decide if they are stable enough then for a very select trial. Stay tuned....:)[/QUOTE]

Sitting here with fingers crossed. That looks like a beaut to me too.

ginger2778 February 9, 2018 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Ann123;679484]How is candy sweet icicle? As sweet as its name?[/QUOTE]

Yes maam, it's very sweet. I like it very much. Another super sweet one is Sweet Aperitif.

Hensaplenty February 9, 2018 03:52 PM

Seeds arrived today! So grateful! :-)

Ann123 February 9, 2018 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;682093]Yes maam, it's very sweet. I like it very much. Another super sweet one is Sweet Aperitif.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :yes:

nancyruhl March 5, 2018 10:49 AM

So, I know the picture is from a while ago, but how was the flavor of Bacon, Lettuce and this F6 tomato?

ginger2778 March 5, 2018 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=nancyruhl;687231]So, I know the picture is from a while ago, but how was the flavor of Bacon, Lettuce and this F6 tomato?[/QUOTE]

Pm sent