Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Gardening in the Green™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   rabbit manure (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=40818)

charline April 22, 2016 03:41 AM

rabbit manure

I got very old rabbit manure and I put it in a bucket and filled up with rain water. So I got a dark brown liquid that I will dilute and use it as a fertiliser for tomatoes. Is this a good fertiliser?
I also use stinging nettles as a fertiliser.
I dont know if this completes each other or if it is too much the same
thank you for your help

Uncle Doss April 22, 2016 06:50 AM

the rabbit manure is great. you can use as you said, or, I would just spread the bunny berries right around your plants.

taboule April 22, 2016 06:51 AM

Rabbit manure is great fertilizer, best part is you can use it "fresh" without the risk of burning the plants -unlike other type of manure which should be "aged" ;-)

Can't say anything about the second part of your query.

clkeiper April 22, 2016 06:56 AM

I want to jump in and ask where did the feed come from? I got rabbits a couple years ago just to have rabbit poop, because it is such a fabulous fertilizer BUT my tomatoes and dahlias show herbicide damage in my greenhouse after adding some to the pots for fertilizer. So, I am not using it just due to the fact that I think the pellets are contaminated (remember the horse manure issue from a few years ago?) with an herbicide of some kind and I have used several different brands. Mostly the store brand at TSC.

BigVanVader April 22, 2016 07:35 AM

You can use rabbit manure pretty much however you want, it wont hurt the plants regardless. I use rabbit and alpaca manure mostly but as stated above try make sure they are fed herbicide free materials.

charline April 22, 2016 08:08 AM

thats what I did with the loose "berries". The part that was glued together was put in the water bucket.
thank you

[QUOTE=Uncle Doss;553923]the rabbit manure is great. you can use as you said, or, I would just spread the bunny berries right around your plants.[/QUOTE]

charline April 22, 2016 08:09 AM

I didn know about the fresh part..... no risk? that would be great
thank you

[QUOTE=taboule;553924]Rabbit manure is great fertilizer, best part is you can use it "fresh" without the risk of burning the plants -unlike other type of manure which should be "aged" ;-)

Can't say anything about the second part of your query.[/QUOTE]

charline April 22, 2016 08:11 AM

no risk of contamination, they were fed only with grass and hay
thank you for reminding us for this danger

[QUOTE=clkeiper;553925]I want to jump in and ask where did the feed come from? I got rabbits a couple years ago just to have rabbit poop, because it is such a fabulous fertilizer BUT my tomatoes and dahlias show herbicide damage in my greenhouse after adding some to the pots for fertilizer. So, I am not using it just due to the fact that I think the pellets are contaminated (remember the horse manure issue from a few years ago?) with an herbicide of some kind and I have used several different brands. Mostly the store brand at TSC.[/QUOTE]