Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Dotson's 2018 Garden in Spartanburg, SC (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=46884)

Spartanburg123 March 3, 2018 09:33 PM

Dotson's 2018 Garden in Spartanburg, SC

2 Attachment(s)
The babies are coming up nicely, with a few stragglers. Thanks to Marsha, DDSack, NanPA, AKMark, and all the discovers of these varieties! Best of luck to all this Spring!

Gerardo March 3, 2018 09:45 PM

Those are strong horses there, what a race. Terhune542 puts out some great ones.

I'm looking forward to Dotson's LH later this summer.

Best of luck!

Spartanburg123 March 3, 2018 10:03 PM

Thanks Gerardo!! I'm in love with the PL variant of Terhune, and from what AKMark says, the RL is just as good! Best of luck with DLH- it's definitely a late bloomer, but boy does it produce!!

KarenO March 4, 2018 12:42 AM

Very nice Darin, have a great season!
Karen

Spartanburg123 March 4, 2018 01:11 AM

Thank you Karen- means the world coming from you!!! :)

Nan_PA_6b March 4, 2018 01:40 PM

Sounds like a good strong lineup, Darin!

Nan

Spartanburg123 March 24, 2018 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few pics today of the babies- getting ready to harden them up slowly. DLH on left and Rebel Yell on right.

KarenO March 25, 2018 12:49 AM

Looking great so far!
KarenO

Spartanburg123 March 25, 2018 02:39 AM

Thanks KarenO!! In a separate tray, I have 6 Zena's Gift, and 6 Karma Pinks!

ddsack March 25, 2018 10:54 AM

You are waaaaayyyy ahead of me Darin, I am just getting ready to drop some seeds this week! You are off to a great start with that nice bunch of varieties. Can't wait to watch your progress this season! :cute:

Spartanburg123 April 22, 2018 01:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got the babies out on Friday. The bad news- a windstorm blew my Jiffy pods out of the tray before I planted them, and now I don't know what it what! I guess I'll just wait on the ripe fruit to know. Adds to the excitement :)

Nan_PA_6b April 22, 2018 06:09 PM

Darin, do you think you'll be able to i.d. everything by the fruit? I swear we have to put dog tags on seedlings!

Nan

jillian April 22, 2018 06:48 PM

Gosh have we had our share of windy days! The last 3 days have been calm here, after a good month of daily winds. Hopefully you will be able to identify your varieties in a few weeks.

I sowed some bush bean and butternut squash seeds today. Spread a thin layer of mulch over top, it's supposed to rain buckets for the next couple of days. I hope the seeds don't float away, but as you say it makes it exciting, lol well interesting for sure.

Spartanburg123 April 22, 2018 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Nan_PA_6b;696591]Darin, do you think you'll be able to i.d. everything by the fruit? I swear we have to put dog tags on seedlings!

Nan[/QUOTE]

I think so Nan- the only PL varieties I have are Daniel Burson, Rebel Yell, and Lucky Cross. I have one of each. From the RL varieties, GGWT is unique, I know DLH very well. But I may have trouble distinguishing between Aker's WV and Terhune, while NPS and Bear Creek will be easier to identify. Today I caved in and got a Pink Brandywine to go along with the rest :)

Spartanburg123 April 22, 2018 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=jillian;696596]Gosh have we had our share of windy days! The last 3 days have been calm here, after a good month of daily winds. Hopefully you will be able to identify your varieties in a few weeks.

I sowed some bush bean and butternut squash seeds today. Spread a thin layer of mulch over top, it's supposed to rain buckets for the next couple of days. I hope the seeds don't float away, but as you say it makes it exciting, lol well interesting for sure.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck Jillian! I planted 6 seeds of Hercules Crowder Peas around the edges of my tomato bed. I've never had them, but I hear that they are tremendous when cooked with a ham hock :)