Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   NORCATT™ XI - 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   NORCATT 2007 tasting? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=5787)

annietomatomad August 3, 2007 06:45 PM

I think Sunday will probably be harder for me to attend--DH is serving at church that week and will have to stay for all services. If you do make it there Betsy, I would love some samples of his tomatoes.

First week of September, I'll be out of town and the whole month of September, weekends are booked up solid. Sigh! Just go ahead and plan without me and I'll somehow try to make it if my plans don't come through.

Cheers, Annie

feraltomatoes August 4, 2007 09:57 PM

I gave up hope after a week.
Let me know if next Sunday the 12th works.
My garden is right out of Fairfield (tomatoville);) in Solano County.

Brad.....

pbud August 4, 2007 11:17 PM

What a nice offer, Brad. I'd love to come up too, but I'm out of town for a week starting the 12th. I also am in a tomato harvesting lull right now. If the event gets postponed I'd certainly be interested in coming and bringing some tomatoes. I'll keep an eye on this board.
Thanks again,
Paul

rnewste August 5, 2007 12:37 AM

Seems like all of us in the Bay Area have busy work schedules, even during the Summer:x

I am free August 12, and would be very happy to see Brad's operation. BTW, I have Ed's Millennium, Momotaro, Kelloggs Breakfast, Hillbilly, Box Car Wille, and a few others that I can bring.

Ray:D

Rena August 6, 2007 07:35 PM

OH Man I would kill to see Brad's place..... I am sure it is fantastic!!!
Rena (who lives in the deep hot smoldering SOUTH)

annietomatomad August 7, 2007 01:46 AM

Brad, I think I could make it on the 12th but probably closer to 1pm. When are you thinking of having people over at your farm? If that's not too late, I'd love to go and see your farm. Let us know if it's still on.

Cheers, Annie

feraltomatoes August 7, 2007 11:54 AM

This Sunday will work, all are invited so PM me and I can give directions.

Running low on extra energy so I figure we can just wonder around for an hour or so, pick tomatoes, slice em and eat em. Anyone want to add anything then go ahead.

If you don't have tomatoes, don't worry just volunteer for the picking team as I will have plenty.

Brad.....

vermiit August 8, 2007 10:39 AM

I'm PMing you Brad! I can probably make it too, but later around 1:00 like Annie. Is there a set time yet?

Diana

betsylt August 8, 2007 03:57 PM

Sounds great, Brad! We'll be there. Hopefully we can overlap Annie and Diana, since we need to leave by around 3 PM.

I'll be bringing John and Harry with me and some disappointing trial tomatoes.

Betsy

feraltomatoes August 9, 2007 01:23 AM

I guess let's figure out the best time for everyone.
Weather is nicer and there is less traffic in the earlier part of the day but that does not seem to fit everyone's schedule so I am open.
Will get all of you directions tommorow.
Remember it is a hot, dry, dusty, windy and very sunny place.

feraltomatoes August 11, 2007 10:16 PM

I will be out there picking from the morning until about noon(hopefully).

So does 12-3 or so work. Kind of had plans for the late afternoon.

Not really an organized event but I can promise you tomato overload.

If anyone els want directions PM me sooner then later.

Brad.

angelique August 11, 2007 10:44 PM

Wow. Sounds like it's going to be a great experience. I will not be able to make it, because I have out of town guests plus a bbq I am hosting at 3pm.

Have lots of fun.

Cheers,

Angelique

rnewste August 11, 2007 10:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Brad,

I'll be there by noon. Am bringing: Ed's Millennium, Kelloggs Breakfast, Momotaro, Carmello, Dona, Box Car Willie, Hillbilly, and a "mystery one" to identify. Will also be packing a couple of bottles of chilled Chardonnay and White Zin (to cleanse the palette), as they say.....

Hope someone is bringing Cherokee Purple, as mine did not work out this year.:D

Ray

feraltomatoes August 12, 2007 12:11 AM

Ray,
Your tomatoes look great.
All varieties that I am not growing this year so I look forward to trying.

Don't worry about the Cherokee Purple, you will see over 1000 CP plants tomorrow. That one I have.

Brad.......

rnewste August 12, 2007 12:23 AM

"A Thousand Cherokee Purple Plants" - - Dang, can I bring an empty peck basket??? :mrgreen:

See you tomorrow. Is there anything else I can bring?

Ray:D