Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Coupons and Key Codes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=25907)

greenthumbomaha November 26, 2018 01:04 PM

This is complicated so follow along if you wish...

I was online shopping for leek seeds and found this trial:

[url]https://digitalcommons.uri.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1014&context=riaes_bulletin[/url]

University of Rhode Island
DigitalCommons@URI
Rhode Island Agricultural Experiment Station
Bulletin
College of the Environment and Life Sciences
Leek Variety Trial 2014
Rebecca Brown
[email]brownreb@uri.edu[/email], [email]brownreb@uri.edu[/email]
Noah Leclaire-Conway
University of Rhode Island, [email]noah.conway@gmail.com[/email]

They gave high marks to a variety bred by a commercial company DC seeds

I noticed that a retail component of this company is:

[url]https://www.neseed.com/[/url]

I never heard of any of their varieties but I bet there are those here that do. Some are root stock, and a lot of interesting vegetables across the growing spectrum.

The retail company is having a sale shown on their home page; 15% off premium hybrid seeds and free shipping thru Dec 4 with $9.99 purchase. I thought the seeds were a bit expensive, but the seed packages are tremendous for a home gardener.

I never did find the leek seeds mentioned in the above publication.

- Lisa

greenthumbomaha November 26, 2018 01:07 PM

Another sale :

ferrymorse.com

20% Off All Merchandise. FREE SHIPPING!

Promo Code: Cyber18

- Lisa < I need still more seeds ???

peebee November 26, 2018 01:21 PM

Just got an email from Earthbox about today's deal @ 20% everything, free shipping @ $79. Well I just ordered on Sat night, 3 EBs @ $29.95 but this is way better, they would be $26.36, same free shipping at $79. Emailed to ask if I could get today's pricing but so far was told no. I should've waited another day had I known.:(

roper2008 November 26, 2018 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=peebee;719829]Just got an email from Earthbox about today's deal @ 20% everything, free shipping @ $79. Well I just ordered on Sat night, 3 EBs @ $29.95 but this is way better, they would be $26.36, same free shipping at $79. Emailed to ask if I could get today's pricing but so far was told no. I should've waited another day had I known.:([/QUOTE]

Bummer. I just ordered 3 with 5 mulch covers for $79.84. I was waiting this time for
one of their better discounts. I usually miss out. Too bad you couldn't cancel your order.

greenthumbomaha November 26, 2018 05:40 PM

Many free shipping opportunities today, just found :

Botanical Interests , no minimum, no code needed - just pops into your cart

peebee November 26, 2018 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=roper2008;719835]Bummer. I just ordered 3 with 5 mulch covers for $79.84. I was waiting this time for
one of their better discounts. I usually miss out. Too bad you couldn't cancel your order.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was able to cancel it since it hadn't shipped yet, so now I am getting 4 EBs to make the free shipping and that's great cuz I didn't need much prodding to get another one hee hee. :lol:

hl2601 November 29, 2018 01:08 PM

Amazon has coin envelopes at a really good price but act quickly-it changes a lot!
[url]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y50ZD8?th=1&psc=1[/url]
$9.10 free shipping
#1 Coin and Small Parts Envelope with Gummed Flap for Home or Office Use, 28 lb. Brown Kraft, 2-1/4 x 3-1/2, 500 per Box (50162)

Fred Hempel December 1, 2018 03:47 PM

No coupon or key needed.

All of our seeds are on sale Dec 1 to Dec 10 at [URL="www.growartisan.com"]our online store[/URL].

$11.95 for 4 packs

Free Shipping.

jtjmartin December 14, 2018 02:21 PM

Harris Seeds: free shipping all weekend 9FREESHIPGT

Burpee: "free shipping on all orders" (10% off on gift cards)

Jeff

hl2601 December 14, 2018 02:54 PM

EARTHBOX
today only, free shipping over $79 and 20% off site wide

Labradors2 December 14, 2018 04:30 PM

High Mowing has Free Shipping on orders over $10.

Baker Creek still has Free Shipping too.

Linda

ginger2778 December 14, 2018 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=hl2601;720964]EARTHBOX
today only, free shipping over $79 and 20% off site wide[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post this. That is the very best I have seen it all year. Hmmm, I Still have 9 growboxes, I need to replace with Earthboxes.......

Greatgardens December 16, 2018 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;720975]I was just going to post this. That is the very best I have seen it all year. Hmmm, I Still have 9 growboxes, I need to replace with Earthboxes.......[/QUOTE]

Those are the ones that use the "grow strips?" Just curious - - what don't you like about the grow boxes? I did buy one, but the separator grid was flashed over badly (holes covered with plastic), so I returned it. I've got 9 EarthBoxes now plus a couple of Juniors that are ok for lettuce and flowers. I keep thinking about making a couple of "collars" to make the regular EB's a few inches deeper to see how that that might affect growth.
-GG

ginger2778 December 16, 2018 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Greatgardens;721169]Those are the ones that use the "grow strips?" Just curious - - what don't you like about the grow boxes? I did buy one, but the separator grid was flashed over badly (holes covered with plastic), so I returned it. I've got 9 EarthBoxes now plus a couple of Juniors that are ok for lettuce and flowers. I keep thinking about making a couple of "collars" to make the regular EB's a few inches deeper to see how that that might affect growth.
-GG[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with grow boxes is that they come in two pieces, and also the plastic is inferior to that of Earth boxes. It gets riddle in a few years oh, and the yard guys weed wacker guts it with several holes. I have not had that problem yet with Earth boxes. And also because of the two pieces in the grow box they tend to separate and more water is released. + overall they are smaller and hold less. So for a few extra dollars the earthbox so much more worth it.

greenthumbomaha December 16, 2018 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=greenthumbomaha;719827]Another sale :

ferrymorse.com

20% Off All Merchandise. FREE SHIPPING!

Promo Code: Cyber18

- Lisa < I need still more seeds ???[/QUOTE]

UPDATE:

Ferrymorse.com still shows free shipping on their home page, no minimum listed. For an additional 10% off, you will need to sign up for their newsletter.

- Lisa