Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HTG's 2017 Adventure in Gardening (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=43735)

Gerardo January 30, 2017 12:35 PM

A thing of beauty, he's got skills with a shovel there! keep 'em coming.

MissS January 30, 2017 09:14 PM

You are off to another great start! I loved looking at your garden pictures last year and am looking forward to seeing them again this year. Which were your favorite micros?

My daughter too has always disliked tomatoes. I would still have her do the annual taste test with me so that she would get a few bites in. Last year she really shocked me when I was talking about my grow list and she asked me to grow more of those amazing pink tomatoes. I asked which ones and she said that all of them were delicious and juicy.... Go figure...

carolyn137 January 30, 2017 09:29 PM

Curiousity demands that I ask if you have a full time job elsewhere, I think you said you did,but I forgot to remember.;):lol:

Carolyn

jmsieglaff January 30, 2017 10:34 PM

Love that setup! Best of luck in 2017!

How many tomato plants do you grow?

heirloomtomaguy January 30, 2017 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=MissS;614896]You are off to another great start! I loved looking at your garden pictures last year and am looking forward to seeing them again this year. Which were your favorite micros?

My daughter too has always disliked tomatoes. I would still have her do the annual taste test with me so that she would get a few bites in. Last year she really shocked me when I was talking about my grow list and she asked me to grow more of those amazing pink tomatoes. I asked which ones and she said that all of them were delicious and juicy.... Go figure...[/QUOTE]

I like dfollets mmf micro as well as one i have been working on for a while thats almost stable. I hope someday my son says a timato is delicious but as of now i doybt that will happen.

heirloomtomaguy January 31, 2017 12:31 AM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;614900]Curiousity demands that I ask if you have a full time job elsewhere, I think you said you did,but I forgot to remember.;):lol:

Carolyn[/QUOTE]
Yes Carolyn i do have a full time job at a local water utility. Most weeks i work around 45 hours but there are the heavy weeks i work 65+ every now and then. Im also on 24 hour call every 6 weeks for a week. I have my garden setup down pat. The first year of this system how ever was an endless learning curve.

[QUOTE=jmsieglaff;614907]Love that setup! Best of luck in 2017!

How many tomato plants do you grow?[/QUOTE]
I usually grow anywhere between 80 and 150 plants. With the micros last year i had well over 200 but this year im toning it back a touch. At least thats what i keep telling myself.:))

ginger2778 January 31, 2017 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;614940]
I usually grow anywhere between 80 and 150 plants. With the micros last year i had well over 200 but this year im toning it back a touch. At least thats what i keep telling myself.:))[/QUOTE]

i could always handle over 100 plants and while awfully bountiful, I could find homes and uses for all the tomato plants. This year I learned what having a truly productive season is and it's almost to much. I never knew before just how much work it would be if I had a real season!:lol:
As usual your garden looks gorgeous, and so are your kids.:)

heirloomtomaguy February 2, 2017 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;614965]i could always handle over 100 plants and while awfully bountiful, I could find homes and uses for all the tomato plants. This year I learned what having a truly productive season is and it's almost to much. I never knew before just how much work it would be if I had a real season!:lol:
As usual your garden looks gorgeous, and so are your kids.:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Marsha i know exactly what you mean. I used to shoot for 200 or more plants but with the pruning method i used last year and my DE/Spinosad schedule i produce way more with 100 plants under control.

heirloomtomaguy February 2, 2017 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Potted up 37 Pepper seedlings tonight. Its going to be another HOT season. They may be little now but soon enough they will be nasty. There is a few sweets and bells in the mix though.

heirloomtomaguy February 5, 2017 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gettin' close to transplant time. Just waiting on a storm to pass and it is on!

jpop February 6, 2017 04:38 PM

Healthy looking transplants HTG.

Bio-Ag-Guy February 7, 2017 03:54 PM

Can't wait to see what it looks like in a couple months. Very cool.

heirloomtomaguy February 7, 2017 11:38 PM

Thanks Jpop and Bio-Ag-Guy. The first round of seedlings should be hitting the soil this weekend.

heirloomtomaguy February 7, 2017 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is something about variegated tomato foliage that i just cant get enough of.

ginger2778 February 8, 2017 07:28 AM

Moonlit Mile? It has all 4 colors too.Here's my reminder that you were going to send me a few, haha. Please pm with your addy, and I will get an SASE to you right away. Love that one.