Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   True North Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35894)

KarenO July 13, 2015 03:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well here's something unexpected. I was feeling a bit cocky and happy with my three different tomatoes. I was waiting for this one to ripen into the yellow bicolour I thought it would be and today I noticed that it was already ripe! A tricolour heart! Delicious, hardly any seeds. Saved what there were. It will need its own name. I am thinking of the northern lights so "aurora"

efisakov July 13, 2015 04:10 PM

Is that green when ripe? Wow. Congratulations. You got a grand slam. Wimbledon can be another choice for the name. If you like tennis, of cause.

KarenO July 13, 2015 04:41 PM

GWR bicolour or tricolour maybe.
it's very pretty I think and tastes great going with the northern theme for names of this line
KO

efisakov July 13, 2015 05:26 PM

Sorry, did not mean to offend you.

KarenO July 13, 2015 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=efisakov;489314]Sorry, did not mean to offend you.[/QUOTE]

Not the least bit offended, I am so glad you are interested and I can't wait to be able to send you guys some seed.
Karen

efisakov July 13, 2015 05:33 PM

Seeds or no seeds, it is great to see so far north a beautiful and tasty tomatoes are getting created and we can witness process of it. You are doing great job and so patient. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us.
You and AKmark are an inspiration to many of us.

bower July 13, 2015 05:49 PM

That's really cool, Karen! I guess when you have tri-colour parents the segregation can be longer than expected! Awesome surprise. 8-)

There's already a tomato called "Aurora" though... (too bad as it really does look like em!)

efisakov July 13, 2015 06:01 PM

you can use name that has 2 words

RobinB July 13, 2015 06:28 PM

Maybe "Borealis" instead? It reminds me a little of Ananas Noir. I love that one, but sometimes I don't have enough season to grow it. I'm glad you've got this going!

KarenO July 13, 2015 07:39 PM

ok well I will think of something else, lots of time for names. have to stabilize it first.
KO

Canehdian July 14, 2015 08:24 AM

Splendid work! Your Facebook page is enjoyable as well. Thanks.

Bipetual July 14, 2015 11:23 AM

That GWR is a beauty. I don't see them sliced very often, and I've never had one. It looks really yummy!

SharonRossy July 15, 2015 09:12 PM

Karen, amazing! It's so cool from a Canadian climate to see what we can grow in our short season. And your tomatoes are full of surprises. We're all waitng for you to get it stabilized and send out those seeds! I love the GWR one! Mind you, they all look delish! Great and inspiring work!

salix July 16, 2015 12:42 AM

Just catching up here, and Robin beat me to it - my first thought was also 'Borealis', the green suggesting the boreal forest...

Lovely - does this mean an even larger grow out next season?

heirloomtomaguy July 16, 2015 01:01 AM

Your hearts are looking awesome and interesting. Cant wait to see what else you have ripening up soon.