Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Muddy Bucket Farm (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50092)

ContainerTed March 13, 2020 05:14 PM

Muddy Bucket Farm

I want to thank all of you who took advantage of the first and, to date, the only sale put on by Muddy Bucket Farm at the HeritageSeedMarket. I think I will do that more often. Right now, Muddy Bucket Farm's listings are being restocked and new varieties listed. Please let me know if you have any questions about my products.

imp March 14, 2020 05:34 AM

I like the Heritage site, Ted, well done and organized, quick service and good prices too.

KathyDC March 14, 2020 11:55 AM

Can you post a link to your site? I am set for this year, but will be glad to purchase from you for next growing season!

ContainerTed March 14, 2020 01:42 PM

Kathy, the site is HeritageSeedMarket and, from Steve, Ellie, and myself, we thank you for your interest and want you to know that we work hard to make sure our products are the best you can find.

GrowingCoastal March 16, 2020 11:52 AM

I just had a look and bookmarked the site for next year.
So many varieties!

wildcat62 March 17, 2020 05:03 PM

Saved the website myself. I'm good this year but will check back later Ted.

ContainerTed March 18, 2020 09:48 AM

For GrowingCoastal, wildcat 62, and everyone else, thanks to AKMark, we've been able to list one of his creations. Matsu Express is a wonderful new addition to tease our tastebuds. If you try it, let us know about your experience with it. Hope you find it as good as I did.

ddsack March 18, 2020 10:32 AM

Ted, is this the later version of Matsu that Mark was talking about releasing? I got some of the early distribution, and while they were very good the first year, fruit from saved seeds was very lumpy and irregular. I'm anxious to try the improved version he mentioned a while ago and am hoping this is it?

ContainerTed March 19, 2020 10:55 AM

Dee, mine are at F9 generation and Mark didn't hesitate to allow me to list it. I also sent him some of the seeds. We had a few exchanges about it. I do know that the ones in the picture are the ones that produced the seeds and the taste was extremely good.

ddsack March 19, 2020 11:04 AM

Great to hear, will be ordering some! Thanks!

Greatgardens March 19, 2020 02:26 PM

I'm glad to hear that you have a later version of Matsu Express. I grew it last year in an (apx) 10-gallon container, and it performed and tasted great, except as mentioned above. I've already placed two orders this season with Heritage, but I'll send another to get some new (and hopefully improved) Matsu seed. It's also interesting to see the parents of MSE as listed at your site.

-Greatgardens

AKmark March 22, 2020 02:43 AM

[QUOTE=ContainerTed;754409]Dee, mine are at F9 generation and Mark didn't hesitate to allow me to list it. I also sent him some of the seeds. We had a few exchanges about it. I do know that the ones in the picture are the ones that produced the seeds and the taste was extremely good.[/QUOTE]

I have three families of it going this year an F7, plant 41, and two F10 lines. I would grow out over 100 plants for some generations, and I ate a lot of tomatoes with friends and family. I would select from a couple plants that were delicious. It has made for a bit of variation in flavor, but in a good way. One is a touch sweeter, while the other is straight up big league tomato flavor. I will keep playing with it to F14, then at least I can say I tried. LOL Anywaaay, I will make sure you get seed back. Thanks too my friend.

ContainerTed March 22, 2020 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=Greatgardens;754415]I'm glad to hear that you have a later version of Matsu Express. I grew it last year in an (apx) 10-gallon container, and it performed and tasted great, except as mentioned above. I've already placed two orders this season with Heritage, but I'll send another to get some new (and hopefully improved) Matsu seed. It's also interesting to see the parents of MSE as listed at your site.

-Greatgardens[/QUOTE]

I listed the parents for one reason only. This tomato is good enough to last for decades, in my opinion. Sometime in the future, it may need to be rescued by re-doing the cross. This information may be the key to future generations having the information to re-establish this future Heirloom and allow it to join ranks with the likes of my favorite of all time - Henderson's Pink Ponderosa.

wildcat62 March 22, 2020 06:34 PM

That's one I've never tried - Henderson's Pink Ponderosa