Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   name ideas? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=24716)

Minnesota Mato August 23, 2012 12:47 AM

name ideas?

1 Attachment(s)
I just tasted one of my newest crosses, very hot, very nice flavor. It looks to me like little flames on a plant so I was trying to come up with a good name for it. I am looking for help for a name, other than flame or candle...etc, something a little creative.

Mudman August 23, 2012 12:59 AM

[B]Torch[/B]
[B]Zhulong[/B]- Chinese torch dragon
[B]Fire Fox[/B]- Greek myth
[B]Burning Bush[/B] or [B]Moses Pepper[/B]

mcsee August 23, 2012 01:11 AM

La llama -Spanish for 'Flaming Candle'.

Longlake August 23, 2012 07:06 AM

Firecracker??? Or is that name already used on a hot pepper?

cornbreadlouie August 23, 2012 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=mcsee;300008]La llama -Spanish for 'Flaming Candle'.[/QUOTE]

i like this name. "why is it called a llama pepper?"

amideutch August 24, 2012 02:18 AM

"Flamme Rouge"=Red flame in French or "Roman Candle".

Father'sDaughter August 24, 2012 07:09 AM

When I opened the picture, the first thought I had was that it looks like a rosebud. But I guess that really won't work for a hot pepper! :-)

ContainerTed August 24, 2012 08:41 AM

My first thought was - "[COLOR=red]Red Dragon Tooth[/COLOR]". It reminded me of an upside-down tooth or fang, and last night, I was watching the movie "Dragonslayer".

habitat_gardener August 24, 2012 07:45 PM

Fang. Shard. Maybe with an adjective describing the flavor, or your town, or a local geological feature, or a local native plant it reminds you of. Forestville Fang, say, or Spring Valley Shard. Or a name from your heritage.

Re naming, I love some of the Dwarf Project names because they evoke a place and in some cases use out-of-the-ordinary words for colors and shapes: Bundaberg Rumball, Uluru Ochre, etc.

salix August 25, 2012 04:16 AM

Minnesota Flame, Minnesota Blaze(r), Hot Stuff, Infernal (or Inferno) Delight, Redelicious...

Mudman August 28, 2012 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=salix;300240]Minnesota Flame, Minnesota Blaze(r), Hot Stuff, Infernal (or Inferno) Delight, Redelicious...[/QUOTE]
I like names with regional references, but Minnesota definitely should not be part of the name of a hot pepper. Most locals would run from a pepper that looked like that one.:)) BTW, Inferno is already used. I only know because my 12 year old picked some out for his garden this year.

Wi-sunflower August 28, 2012 06:17 PM

So is Firecracker. That one has been around for about 20 years. a New Mexico U introduction.

Carol

ddsack August 29, 2012 12:35 AM

Bonfire
Spitfire
Firefly
Fire flea
Fire Up
Flaming Finger
Red Sparkle

Diriel August 29, 2012 03:06 AM

Can you share a little more about the cross? Annum, Baccatum, Chinense...etc.Perhaps talk about the flavor profile just a little, and heat level / type? Looks cool. :) Medium flesh, thin flesh, how "many" seeds? F1? Do you plan to stabilize this?

Have a good one,
Gary

Tormato August 29, 2012 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=ddsack;300758]Bonfire
Spitfire
Firefly
Fire flea
Fire Up
Flaming Finger
Red Sparkle[/QUOTE]

:roll:Fire Flea?

Who would you replace the bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers with?