Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Granny's Heart (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=16557)

barkeater December 31, 2010 11:53 AM

Granny's Heart

3 Attachment(s)
[B][U][COLOR=red]THE OFFER FOR GRANNY'S HEART SEEDS IS CLOSED[/COLOR][/U][/B]

I have saved seed for Granny's Heart available for a SASE (no trades). It is a 50+ year old family heirloom from SE Pennsylvania. In the family it was always just known as Granny's Tomato, and her grandaughter says Granny purposely crossed a beefsteak and a plum tomato and got this excellent tasting red heart. Request as follows:

[B]USA Address ONLY[/B]:Send me a private message and I'll reply with my address to send a SASE.

[B]Canadian/Foreign Address[/B]: Send a PM to [B]retiree [/B]who lives in Canada and has graciously agreed to distribute seeds I have supplied him with. He will reply with his address to send your SASE to.

Between us there should be enough seed to supply from 30-40 requests and will be filled on a first come basis. I am posting this offer here as I would like a lot of T-Ville's regular members who may not frequent the "Seeds for Trade" to get to try them too. It was the best tasting tomato in my garden last year.

greyghost December 31, 2010 04:42 PM

Barkeater, That sounds like a very nice tomato. Also a very nice offer!
Thank you. Darlene

OneoftheEarls December 31, 2010 04:58 PM

I'm addicted to collecting, I'll try some :)

kath December 31, 2010 07:28 PM

I want to try LOTS of hearts this coming year, and since I live in se PA, I would really love to try this one. Thanks for the offer, barkeater, sending a PM now. :yes:
Kath

roper2008 January 1, 2011 09:39 AM

Granny's heart

Would love to try it. Sending a pm.

barefootgardener January 1, 2011 03:30 PM

Barkeater..Thank you for the offer..Would love to try this Heirloom! Hope it is not to late..Sending PM

Ginny

Wi-sunflower January 1, 2011 04:02 PM

Hi,

I sent a PM the other day, I hope you got it.

That sounds just like the type of variety I would like to try, the family heirlooms that are "must grows".

Thanks for the great offer,
Carol

Farmette January 1, 2011 04:20 PM

Yes, I sent a PM yesterday too...am hoping was not too late. Looking to try more hearts this year.

tomakers January 2, 2011 07:20 AM

I always have room for more hearts. Sending PM. Thanks for the offer.

dustdevil January 2, 2011 09:35 AM

Hi Bark. I sent a PM the other day also. Dust

Pandorae January 2, 2011 09:45 AM

I sent a PM and am anxious to try the new seeds.

Thanks.

Pandorae

VGary January 2, 2011 11:51 AM

Granny's Hear

[I][SIZE=3]The Granny's Heart sounds like a great tomato. I am always up to growing a good tomato! Thanks for your kind offer of seed.
Gary[/SIZE][/I]

stormymater January 3, 2011 12:22 PM

TY Barkeater - sent a pm

POAJoan January 3, 2011 05:05 PM

Would love to try as I am quickly getting attached to hearts! Joan

barkeater January 3, 2011 07:00 PM

[B]I am closing the offer for the USA requests[/B]

I was gone over the weekend and have 40 PM's in my inbox. I am not sure if I have enough seed to provide for more than that. If I do I will reopen the offer. Thanks,

barkeater