Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Spanish tomatoes in the Czech Republic (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=33133)

MrBig46 August 22, 2015 06:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[B]Plano de Erandio[/B]
Midseason indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits red, round, strongly flattened (disc-shaped), fleshy pulp, a small beefsteak, about 6 oz., very juicy with quite a lot of seeds. The taste is slightly sweet with pleasant acids. The taste is better in fruits harvested up to two weeks after the first harvest.
Seed source: J.A.O.Lopez (Baikal), Mallorca, Spain
Year grown: 2014.2015
I appoint this tomato UFO (the shape of the fruits)
Vladimír

MrBig46 August 29, 2015 01:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[B]Salobre[/B]
A nice midseason indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits red, oblate round
beefsteak, up to two pounds, very juicy, balanced tomato taste, excellent on sandwiches and salads. Tomato grown in the nearby town of Salobreńa in the province of Granada
Vladimír

MrBig46 August 29, 2015 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vladimír

MrBig46 August 30, 2015 12:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[B]Cociols[/B] (Dos Cociols, Dos Cossiols)
Midseason indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits in the shape of quadrangular prism, within two empty boxes, wall thickness 10 mm, weight 80-120 g, pink, very sweet. Variety quoted in a study on the conservation of local seeds in the county of Bages in 2012 conducted by Nuria Perramon Llussŕ of the University of Barcelona in Catalonia
Vladimír

ilex August 30, 2015 12:54 PM

The "dos" is part of the name. AKA "Dues Mamelles" (2 t-i-t-s).

Fantastic stuffing tomato. Super easy to use. Has thick skin and consistent flesh so it won't break down when cooking and stays upright on its own.

MrBig46 September 1, 2015 12:56 AM

Thank you. Adjusts name to: Dos Cossiols.
Vladimír
PS.: What kind of stuffing do you use?

MrBig46 September 3, 2015 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my tomatoes Ramallet
Vladimír

ilex September 4, 2015 03:25 AM

Ramallet or ramellet is the name used for "de colgar" storage tomatoes in the Island of Mallorca. There are a couple hundred varieties in that island alone. Most were dry farmed. Diversity Is huge.

Note there's also "ramillete" which is NOT the real thing. Some hybrids are sold under such name. They are NOT real storage tomatoes, their quality is not the same ... by far. This fact is not commonly known, specially in the US/Canada. Even Tatiana's tomatobase is quite confusing as it uses good and bad name.

Ramillete name should never be used.

MrBig46 September 5, 2015 08:22 AM

These are really Ramalet of Mallorca. I am getting seeds from Baikal. In the picture are varieties: Ramalelet Algaida Piel Grues, Ramallet Mugro, Ramallet Santanyi Ramallet Pequeno Ramallet Saint Llorenc des Cardassar (det.). These two boxes I put on cupboard in the bedroom and I'll see how the tomatoes will ripen.
Vladimír

MrBig46 September 7, 2015 12:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have two varieties about which I can not find anything on Iternet.
[B]Bola Productivo[/B]
Midseason indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits red, 60-70 g, slicer, fertile, good taste

[B]Darocense Corporalis[/B]
Midseason indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits red, 120-160 g, small beefsteak, flat oval, relatively fertile, good taste

Vladimír

MrBig46 September 7, 2015 12:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Today, yet another Spanish tomato. One of my favorites.
[B]Zamorano[/B]
Medium late, indeterminante OP tomato with regular leafs, fruits red, really big beefsteak, 500-700 g, flattened, very fertile, 6 – 9 fruits per plant, very good taste
Vladimír
PS.: Tomorrow morning I go on recreation. Where? On a tour of the castles of North Moravia.:D

Bipetual September 7, 2015 12:53 PM

Very nice tomatoes, Vladimir.

I hope you enjoy your trip. I'm pretty sure the only castle we have in the US is the one at Disney World! :lol:

Gerardo September 8, 2015 10:23 AM

Zamorano is nice. Have fun at the castles. Dobře dojeď!

barefootgardener September 8, 2015 01:11 PM

Lovely pictures of your beautiful tomatoes Vladimir. Have a wonderful time on your trip to see the castles of North Moravia!

I love large, red, flattened beefsteaks , and your tomato Zamorano is a beauty. I will be interested in knowing how to aquire seeds of this meaty tomato. :yes: I did not see/find any resources listing seeds for sale. I did see some pictures on Tatiana's Tomatobase.

Ginny

carolyn137 September 8, 2015 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=barefootgardener;503715]Lovely pictures of your beautiful tomatoes Vladmir. Have a wonderful time on your trip to see the castles of North Moravia!

I love large, red, flattened beefsteaks , and your tomato Zamorano is a beauty. I will be interested in knowing how to aquire seeds of this meaty tomato. :yes: I did not see/find any resources listing seeds for sale. I did see some pictures on Tatiana's Tomatobase.

Ginny[/QUOTE]

Ginny, perhaps Vladimir will make a public seed offer here of the ones he's pictured, that's the way it should go, that is, rather than someone PMing someone individually for seeds.

Ilex, from Spain, who has been so helpful here is an SSE member and lists 73 varieties from Spain, and that's for SSE members only. I've already e-mailed him and told him roughly what I'd like and will wait to hear from him when he finishes doing seed production in the Fall.

I did check to see if Ilex was listing Zamorano, he wasn't,but I do expect to get some large red beefsteaks from him eventually. I mean we know one great one already, Couilles de Taureau, renamed in France from Huevos de Toro from Spain.

The other day I was in the backroom looking for a specific tomato variety and while I'd already told Ilex that I had no Spanish varieties that he probably didn't already know of , up popped an envelope labelled Fresa, yes, from Spain, that I've been offering in my annual seed offer.

[url]http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Fresa#tab=General_Info[/url]

Steve of Heritage Seeds has donated seeds for my seed offers in the past and this was one of them.

Carolyn