Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   doubts in my f5 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51411)

NicolasGarcia April 20, 2022 12:10 PM

doubts in my f5

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've published anything since I'm very busy with work and others, but very often I enter the forum to read you, I'll always be linked to all of you and above all I'm grateful for your help. I tell you what has happened to me with a cross or line that I carry.
For years I have followed a cross or my own line of two favorite varieties, one tomato plant had a regular leaf and another had a potato leaf, but my choice year after year has been potato leaf, each year that passes I get more and more tomato plants. potato leaf than regular, but this year I have planted more than 100 plants and they have all come out of regular leaf, I don't know what could have happened.
Thank you very much to all

MrsJustice April 23, 2022 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;767751]Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've published anything since I'm very busy with work and others, but very often I enter the forum to read you, I'll always be linked to all of you and above all I'm grateful for your help. I tell you what has happened to me with a cross or line that I carry.
For years I have followed a cross or my own line of two favorite varieties, one tomato plant had a regular leaf and another had a potato leaf, but my choice year after year has been potato leaf, each year that passes I get more and more tomato plants. potato leaf than regular, but this year I have planted more than 100 plants and they have all come out of regular leaf, I don't know what could have happened.
Thank you very much to all[/QUOTE]

Hello, and welcome back. I too love the Potato Leaf plants and the look on my customer's faces seeing a Potato Leaf Tomato Plant for the first time.

But I have been trying to understand the F-1 to F-8. I guess if you are having no stability then I need to forget it for now. But good luck. :yes:

KarenO April 23, 2022 09:19 AM

If your potato leaf selection has now become regular leaf it was crossed.
There is no other way. Potato leaf, once expressesd in the phenotype is fixed and stable. From F2 in the case of all of mine.
The discussion on the other group is backward. In a cross between a regular leaf and a potato leaf you will continue to see potato leaf plants in larger growouts from seeds of unstable regular leaf plants for numerous generations. But if the seeds are from even an unstable potato leaf selection, ALL progeny ftom that fruit will be potato leaf unless there has been a cross.
KarenO

NicolasGarcia April 27, 2022 01:36 AM

Thank you very much Karen as always!