Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Heritage Tomato Seed (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=20121)

Heritage November 29, 2017 11:43 AM

HSM Fall update

[B]Muddy Bucket Farm[/B] - Ted has all of his 2017-2018 new varieties listed, and they include his two new releases: “Mammaw’s Treat” (named in honor of his mother) and “Tennessee Red”. You can view Ted’s latest additions [URL="http://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product-tag/mbf-2017-2018-new-listings/"]here[/URL].

[B]Bunny Hop Seeds[/B] - Ellie lists her varieties year-round and she is getting a very impressive list of tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant. One of her specialties is the “micro dwarf tomato” and she will have her own exciting crosses ready to release in a few years (maybe sooner)! You can see her current collection of micros [URL="http://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product-category/dwarf-tomatoes/micro-dwarf-tomatoes/"]here[/URL].

[B]Heritage Tomato Seed[/B] - Steve(me) is slacking but will have seeds restocked and will also release 12 new Dwarf Project varieties in early December.

Happy Holidays to all!:)
Steve

KarenO November 29, 2017 12:10 PM

Very beautiful catalog!
KarenO

Heritage December 2, 2017 12:01 AM

[QUOTE=KarenO;673204]Very beautiful catalog!
KarenO[/QUOTE]

Thank you Karen! Ellie does a great job with her photography. :)

Steve

hl2601 January 30, 2019 09:40 PM

Just received an order from Heritage including many of these Dwarf Trial pkgs Steve mentioned above plus some other fun ones. Thanks so much for the gifts Ellie! Great customer service and fast shipping too!

oldman February 5, 2019 02:55 AM

[QUOTE=hl2601;725325]Just received an order from Heritage including many of these Dwarf Trial pkgs Steve mentioned above plus some other fun ones. Thanks so much for the gifts Ellie! Great customer service and fast shipping too![/QUOTE]

Ellie is the best. Great customer service, she's always helpful when I mess up a gift order or forget to add something to an order. And her gifts are always pleasant surprises. I've grown lots and lots of tomatoes and she always manages to surprise me with new varieties. Things I didn't know I wanted until they stowed away in my order. My favorite source of tomato seeds after the Mmmm swap :-)

Goodloe February 5, 2019 04:07 AM

:aprd: I can't say enough good things about Ellie and Heritage Seeds! Great, fast service. I'm really looking forward to growing her "Prime Rib" tomato...!

Delerium June 25, 2019 12:46 PM

I need to buy some tomato seeds from Steve / Heritage seed again for 2020. Is the website still the same? I'm running low on tomato seeds. Any hyped up / must grow varieties for 2020? Thanks.

SpookyShoe June 26, 2019 03:22 PM

I just received an order from Heritage Seed Market yesterday. Looks like the seed was packed by "Ellie." They sent me a free packet of African Brown tomato seeds as a gift.

kilroyscarnival August 12, 2019 10:27 AM

I'm very excited about having placed my order with Ellie Friday, for mostly compact, dwarf, and a few microdwarf varieties and/or determinates. I'm interested in trying them out, and have started a spreadsheet for sowing and plant-out dates to rough maturity dates (via formula) to see which early varieties I might plant out before danger of a central Florida frost. The micros I'm sure I can move inside easily, and I plan to use grow bags with drip for the first time, so if I have some going over the winter that are not too large, I might drag them indoors overnight. I'm particularly looking forward to trying her own Peachy Keen (a peachy colored, peachy-shaped saladette compact determinate which she finds heat- and humidity-tolerant) , the Jochalos yellow-orange micro cherry, and a couple of hearts - Dwarf Pink Passion and Dwarf Red Heart, which look beautiful and fleshy. Ah, gardening is really fun in the dream/plan stages! Meanwhile I'm a bit brutalized from repotting a root-bound scratchy aloe plant yesterday. Thankfully, the aloe gel should help. :)

HudsonValley August 13, 2019 09:43 PM

Jochalos is great! I’ve grown it both indoors and out. Pinocchio Orange is another good micro to try, if you haven’t already.

kilroyscarnival August 13, 2019 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=HudsonValley;743785]Jochalos is great! I’ve grown it both indoors and out. Pinocchio Orange is another good micro to try, if you haven’t already.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Maybe next time. Pinocchio Orange was out of stock. I’ll check back later in the year. Did you grow your indoor micros under grow lights or in a sunny window?

The Jochalos and Lille Lise (my gift with purchase) are the two micros for now. I hope to get some seeds sown quickly to get some early varieties out to hope for harvest by mid December, when there’s usually no frost yet.

HudsonValley August 14, 2019 01:17 PM

For indoor plants, I start them under grow lights and keep them there until buds appear. Then they go on a windowsill.

Good luck! Micros are fun, especially for me since I live in the northeast and nothing compares to a tiny ripe tomato in winter. :)

kilroyscarnival August 14, 2019 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=HudsonValley;743834]
Good luck! Micros are fun, especially for me since I live in the northeast and nothing compares to a tiny ripe tomato in winter. :)[/QUOTE]

Our problem here (Orlando) is the opposite - it's too hot and rainy in the summer months for tomatoes.

Vespertino June 28, 2020 10:58 AM

I order from you guys practically every year. Your seeds are the best! There's a great germination rate every time and you always have an interesting curation of new varieties. I had another great year thanks to you!

KathyDC June 28, 2020 07:23 PM

Just placed an order for a few things from the seed market - some from Heritage, Bunny Hop and Muddy Bucket. Trying to support good seed sellers in this tough economic climate.

Looking forward to next year.