Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Two new KARMA’s and Tundra (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49976)

KarenO January 20, 2020 12:56 PM

Two new KARMA’s and Tundra

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Limited seed will be available for trial of my large purple potato leaf heart ‘Tundra’ as well as the last two KARMA cherries, the oval bicolour potato leaf cherry KARMA Apricot as well as the Bicolour Green and Pink potato leaf cherry we call KARMA Miracle.
Pm me for an email address to send your request. Sase within the US, other arrangements available for outside US as with our previous releases.
The others have been very well received and I thank everyone who has posted photos and informative reports of how the other True North and KARMA tomatoes have done in various conditions in numerous countries.
8 new tomatoes released last year and now these makes a total of eleven so far, very proud of all of them and I hope you will enjoy these new ones just as much
:) KarenO :yes:

KarenO January 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Left to right in middle KARMA Project photo
KARMA Peach
KARMA Purple Multiflora
KARMA Apricot
KARMA Pink
KARMA Purple
KARMA Miracle

Whwoz January 20, 2020 01:24 PM

Beautiful tomatoes Karen, definitely distinctive and with the names there should be no mix ups from lost tags etc

ddsack January 20, 2020 02:11 PM

Karen, you have so much to show for just a few years! I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. 8-)

Salsacharley January 21, 2020 09:49 AM

Fabulous!

hl2601 January 22, 2020 12:09 AM

Congrats on all the great releases!

Greatgardens February 19, 2020 10:08 AM

Thanks Karen for all your work on the Karma and the True North series! But I'm curious -- did all the Karma varieties come from one cross? Or were there different parents?

KarenO February 19, 2020 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Greatgardens;753570]Thanks Karen for all your work on the Karma and the True North series! But I'm curious -- did all the Karma varieties come from one cross? Or were there different parents?[/QUOTE]

One cross with what was one unstable parent.
But that turned into an advantage in this case I believe.
KarenO

oakley February 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Fantastic outcome from your work moving forward.
I should try a couple more. (missed this post a month ago...just seeing this
now)

Jayc February 19, 2020 01:40 PM

Gorgeous looking tomatoes, well done.

Yak54 February 19, 2020 02:39 PM

Very amazing work. I applaud you and thank you for your hard work and I'm looking forward to growing many of your new varieties. You are a smart & talented lady for sure. The tomato world of the home gardener has become more exciting because of you. Can't say enough ! :yes:

Dan

guruofgardens February 19, 2020 10:58 PM

Beautiful tomatoes, that take hard work and patience. The reward is so great and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. The Tundra looks luscious.

Labradors2 March 20, 2020 04:36 PM

I just heard from my friend in NC. She is growing two KARMA Miracles that I sprouted for her back in February, and is about to plant them in her garden. She said they are PL and that the foliage doesn't have the usual aroma. Has anyone else noticed that?

I'm growing KARMA's Miracle and Peach this season, but they haven't sprouted quite yet so I cannot comment...…

Linda

guruofgardens March 27, 2020 11:30 PM

I'm looking forward to growing the Tundra tomatoes this year. Thanks for the great flavors.

KarenO March 28, 2020 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Labradors2;754448]I just heard from my friend in NC. She is growing two KARMA Miracles that I sprouted for her back in February, and is about to plant them in her garden. She said they are PL and that the foliage doesn't have the usual aroma. Has anyone else noticed that?

I'm growing KARMA's Miracle and Peach this season, but they haven't sprouted quite yet so I cannot comment...…

Linda[/QUOTE]
I’m not sure Linda, it’s not something that I have noticed myself. Perhaps aroma, like flavour is an individual experience. I’m not sure.
I’m happy that she is growing them and I hope you’ll let me know how they do :)
KarenO