Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Other Tomato Events (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Orange County/San Diego members? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=16789)

bugsy January 23, 2011 09:17 PM

Orange County/San Diego members?

I would love to start a plant swap with people in my area. Anyone out there?

coronabarb April 20, 2011 01:45 AM

bugsy, where are you? I'd love to have a tomato tasting event in So Cal this yr.

cbadcali April 20, 2011 11:26 AM

Orange County/San Diego members

I would love to attend a tasting/swap. I'm sure many Tomatovillians live in So. Cal. Let's try to have one. I'm in Carlsbad. There are too many tomatoes to try and definitely not enough time...

coronabarb April 20, 2011 01:52 PM

Let's see who all responds and go from there. I set up the original NORCATT several yrs ago. Will have to search through the brain cells to remember tips/pitfalls. We will have to figure out when the most tomatoes will be ripe and meet somewhere that it isn't too hot. :-)

coronabarb April 20, 2011 01:53 PM

Name?
SoCATomatoTasting?

SCATT <snicker>

coronabarb April 20, 2011 05:05 PM

Or SOCKITTOME

SO Cal Knows Its Tasty TOMatoes Event

(too much time to think today)

materlvr April 21, 2011 01:31 PM

Count me in on a local tasting event! Keep me posted, Barb!

rgoldman April 21, 2011 08:40 PM

I'd be interested in an event this summer.

heirloomdaddy April 23, 2011 06:06 AM

I'm in!

MANY varieties to bring too :)

bugsy June 26, 2011 09:52 AM

Well, sorry I didn't check this thread sooner. I didn't think there was interest. Miserable year so far. That said, my Wes, Black Cherry and Rostova are producing nicely.

What about you guys?

materlvr June 26, 2011 11:35 AM

bugsy, it's been a miserable year for me, too! At this time I probably won't have ripe tomatoes until early August, if that. And I planted out April 10th! Been too cold and damp in the mornings. Plus, I have something going on with my plants, the dreaded yellowing leaves with brown polka dots is making it's way up the stalks. What a disappointing year! :(

Sun City Linda June 26, 2011 11:43 AM

Bad year for me too. Something spotty after all the cold weather, maybe bacterial speck. Lately, been using sulfer dust for what I think is tomato russet mites. Have the symptoms, but cant find a stong enough lense to confirm. Need 14X. Reif Red Hearts were quite early. Bloody butchers, and some cherries. But, I babble....:panic:
I too am interested in tomato event! LInda

materlvr June 26, 2011 12:07 PM

Hi, Linda! I'm sorry you're having a bad season too. It's such a disappointment. I'm looking for early seeds to try and get a small harvest of Stupice, Kimberly and Wonder Boy before December. I'm desparate for some good tomatoes.

Elizabeth June 28, 2011 03:13 PM

I'm in San Diego (near Mission Bay), and a get together like this sounds fun :)

I have 15 varieties planted, and many green fruit, but so far have only picked two from my Moskvich a couple of weeks ago (which were pretty darn yummy!). The rest are taking their sweet time getting ripe. I'm worried that black spot is going to take out a couple of the potato leaf ones before I get a harvest, but hopefully now that June gloom is burning off the plants will bounce back some so I will have a nice variety.

cjeanhall June 28, 2011 09:47 PM

San Diego tomato tasting

I'm in! Just picked a 1.3 lb. Omar's Lebanese!:D