Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Tomatopalooza™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Tomatopalooza[tm] IV (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=28)

bully July 30, 2006 07:36 AM

All I can say is WOW!

Great pictures, you guys really out did yourselves.

simply inspiring.

Bully

dokutaaguriin July 30, 2006 10:11 AM

Great pictures...I am almost half way through them.
Just to get a sense of the size of the tomatoes so as I can compare them with mine, how big are the styofoam plates?
Thansk Jeff

Lee July 30, 2006 04:46 PM

I think the plates were 9" diameter plates.

Craig might know who brought Dora.

I'll be posting my "review" later this evening in Gen Discussion.

Lee

gardenmama July 30, 2006 05:05 PM

A big stock pot of sauce is simmering down on the stove, seeds for Berkley Tie-Dye, Grandfather Ashlock, Ernesto, Rinaldo, Anna Banana Russian, Prue, Fuzzy Cherokee, and Mexico Midget are fermenting away in their baggies, and Sorbet recipes are now posted under the Desserts heading of the Recipes section.

Many thanks to Lee and Craig for spearheading another successful Tomatopalooza get together. It was well worth the 6.5 hour round trip drive.

Suze July 30, 2006 05:17 PM

[quote=kctomato]Poor Dora wasn't ripe.

Who brought it?[/quote]

Which page was it on?

nctomatoman July 30, 2006 06:40 PM

Keith, it was me who supplied the single Dora - it was nearly ripe (Fusion sent me a seedling) - I didn't get to taste it! Quite a few fruit on the plant have an issue - dark blemishes - either insect or disease problems. This one was ripening a bit prematurely due to BER.

Lee July 30, 2006 09:27 PM

Page 2, img93 is Dora.

Lee

Lee July 30, 2006 10:46 PM

Yep, got a list I'll post soon.

Almost 200 varieties!

Lee

JerryL August 4, 2006 09:57 AM

Better late than never I guess! We actually wrote this on the way from Raleigh to Colonial Williamsburg so if I’m repeating things said by others I apologize.

Just a note to express our thanks for the hospitality of our Raleigh tomato brothers and sisters. You hosted an outstanding event again this year. We were impressed with the tremendous showing of nearly 200 varieties as well as the wide varieties of peppers. Armed with pieces of bread we sampled a few fiery hot varieties. Fortunately, some soothing sorbet (tomato of course) was available to chase down the heat of those peppers. Naturally I left with a few seeds to plant in our Ohio garden next year.

Deborah especially enjoyed the midget tomato varieties and made me promise a dedicated space in the garden for those tiny ‘maters next year.

We enjoyed sampling the Dwarfs. I guess time will tell if these little guys will meet the expectations of the experimental group. Right now, for me at least, the taste didn’t do much for me. But then there is always the next generation.

As always, the crowd of ‘mater lovers were delightful to meet. It was good to see young and young at heart sharing the joy of tomatoes.

Thanks Lee for all your effort putting together another successful Tomatopalooza event.

Tom_Ato August 14, 2006 09:04 PM

Another successful event! Congratulations Lee and Craig. And I'm glad to see the Prez. made it down again. Way to go Jerry.

I did cringe at the comment about how good Green Giant was. Despite all my efforts, I didn't get a GG in the ground this year. Oh well, there's always next year. The best I've had so far has been Earl's Faux.

Ken