Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Rons Carbon Copy (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51395)

dipchip2000 April 3, 2022 04:53 PM

Rons Carbon Copy

I have not posted for quite a while now. I still grow my creation of Rons Carbon Copy.
Because of health limitations I only have one raised bed for a garden. I only have space for 7 plants. I grow 2 Carbon Copy and 5 large varieties for table use. Carbon Copy is still the best for me. I feel that I must reiterate that it grows best in hot and dry climate. It will have much more flavor in July and August rather than early season. Always pick them sooner and let them finish ripening on counter inside. This will eliminate cracking and does not affect the great flavor whatsoever. Glad to see so many still growing it.My eyesight and mobility are long gone now, but continue to grow a few tomatoes to eat. Thanks to all that are growing Rons Carbon Copy and may it survive forever. Ron

hl2601 April 3, 2022 06:59 PM

Ron it's a great tomato!
I enjoy it quite a bit; glad to see you posting again!

Tormato April 5, 2022 09:52 PM

Ron,

Ron's Carbon Copy has been sent out far and wide. Several years ago you gave me about 200 seed packs. I finally ran out of them, earlier this year.

gssgarden April 9, 2022 10:09 AM

Because I moved and limited space, she took a back seat for a few years but broke her out last year.
GREAT tomato! True heirloom flavor every time, even
late in the season.
Sounds silly but you don’t get overwhelmed with them like most cherries. MORE than enough though.
One of my, if not my favorite cherry.

She’s back again this year!

Greg

JosephineRose April 20, 2022 01:04 PM

I am growing it for the first time this year! I am excited to try it!

MrsJustice April 23, 2022 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=dipchip2000;767577]I have not posted for quite a while now. I still grow my creation of Rons Carbon Copy.
Because of health limitations I only have one raised bed for a garden. I only have space for 7 plants. I grow 2 Carbon Copy and 5 large varieties for table use. Carbon Copy is still the best for me. I feel that I must reiterate that it grows best in hot and dry climate. It will have much more flavor in July and August rather than early season. Always pick them sooner and let them finish ripening on counter inside. This will eliminate cracking and does not affect the great flavor whatsoever. Glad to see so many still growing it.My eyesight and mobility are long gone now, but continue to grow a few tomatoes to eat. Thanks to all that are growing Rons Carbon Copy and may it survive forever. Ron[/QUOTE]

Great to have you back with us, Amen!!!

I might try Rons Carbon Copy Tomato yet. Is this Tomato from an F-1 to F-8. I am just trying to understand; at what time do they become stable like your 'Ron Carbon Copy Tomato to sell to Customers:?!?:?