Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

NicolasGarcia July 2, 2021 01:47 AM

Midnight sun

2 Attachment(s)
My little daughter loved it

KarenO July 2, 2021 09:50 AM

So nice! Just to clarify Nico, Midnight sun is not part of the karma project :).
KarenO

Fred Hempel July 2, 2021 01:01 PM

KARMA Miracle

There will be more marbling later. These are from the first harvest.

We now have both KARMA Purple Multiflora and KARMA Miracle on our website.

[IMG]https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/207813129_4291772930880571_128591835771280350_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Gje_tR5q5GwAX8xmm1Y&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=dd38ecd145f0143b12dd6e2a38240512&oe=60E4545D[/IMG]

KarenO July 2, 2021 05:04 PM

Yum :) mine are a few weeks behind.
Great to see you offer those two again Fred!
KarenO

NicolasGarcia July 3, 2021 03:24 AM

Oh yeah!! I knew it, maybe I will publish without thinking, apologies and thank you very much for the clarification Karen :)

MrBig46 August 5, 2021 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So far, I have harvested only a few Karma Purple multiflora. I like the color and I like it. I tasted Karma Purple before (I only had one fruit), the taste was probably the same (I have no taste memory). I'll wait until I have both ripe varieties and compare. Next time I will have to decide which of these two tomatoes I will grow.
Vladimír

KarenO August 6, 2021 12:13 AM

That’s great Vlad, interesting to compare. Let me know what you think
KarenO

paradajky July 30, 2022 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there.. wasn't sure which of your threads would be correct for Taiga? I don't think it is a KARMA project, but I see others with pictures of one here :)

Mine began a light color change yesterday and took on a little more brown/red this morning. It's still very hard and has a slight hollow sound to it. I checked internet and found a few different colors for a ripe tomato, some have more red/pink on the skin, others are more green. This is my first time with a non red/yellow tomato.. should it be like other tomatoes, have a slightly soft touch before I dig into it?

Today is day 60 since transplant, seeds started 4/18. The other first-truss tomatoes on the vine look like they another week or two out.

This one is HUGE, probably a fused bloom.

KarenO July 30, 2022 12:29 PM

Hi, that’s a big one, I think you are right about it being a double one.
I looks like it’s starting to blush a little. I don’t think it’s quite ripe yet but I would pick it. when there is a some more colour evident but before it softens it should be ready.
It has a window of eating quality from barely ripe to soft and holds well but I think it’s best when ripe but still firm
I hope you enjoy it!

Yes you are right it is not one of the Karmas,
KarenO

MrsJustice July 30, 2022 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;753074]There is an offer up for the two new ones, the last of the six to be released KARMA Apricot, a bicolour oval cocktail cherry and KARMA Miracle. A burgundy/ green bicolour.
Both Potato leaf as are all of the others.
You can pm me for further information re sase.
:)
KarenO[/QUOTE]

KarenO
I love the work you have done creating F-1 with your friends here, and working with Dr Carolyn.

I love how you worked with Presenting your creation with pictures Artwork to let us see the inside and outsides of your varieties. Just like the pictures above

I alway watch you'll developed the F-1, but When do they become stable? I know Historical Tomatoes and Vegetables is my Life and Research: thanks to my Former Mayor Jimmy Eason and his Staff here in Hampton pure Hearts.

paradajky August 1, 2022 04:15 PM

Karen: this first Taiga came in at a whopping 557 grams (just under 20oz). It probably needed a couple more days to ripen more, but I couldn't wait. Delicious.. tangy and almost spicy.

KarenO August 1, 2022 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=paradajky;768805]Karen: this first Taiga came in at a whopping 557 grams (just under 20oz). It probably needed a couple more days to ripen more, but I couldn't wait. Delicious.. tangy and almost spicy.[/QUOTE]

That’s great. :)
I think a lot of folks wait a bit long with taiga. I like it firm
Too. Tangy sweet and delicious.
To clarify for others taiga is not one of the Karma cherries
:)