Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HTG's 2017 Adventure in Gardening (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=43735)

Salsacharley February 9, 2017 04:36 PM

Are you going to try to hook up that root feeder to your drip tape system? If you do, please share how you did it.
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy (Post 617414)
I would imagine the reflective would be really blinding when your out there working the rows. The white is a touch on the bright side but with sunglasses its no problem. I think the plastic mulch works so well because it helps the roots evenly retain the moisture. With the way the drip tape wicks water into the soil it is darn near impossible to over water also. Not to mention i save a ton of money on the water bill since the water does not evaporate as soon as it hits the soil. The only issue i am having with the system so far is the inability to inject organic fertilizer into the drip tape. Organics just does not disolve the way synthetics do. I think i finally found a way around this issue though. Here it is https://www.amazon.com/Ross-Root-Fee.../dp/B00002NC84

heirloomtomaguy February 9, 2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salsacharley (Post 617506)
Are you going to try to hook up that root feeder to your drip tape system? If you do, please share how you did it.
Thanks

No im going straight to the roots. I did buy a siphon injector that i plumbed into my drip tape system but using organic liquid fertilizer clogged the drip emitters.

PureHarvest February 9, 2017 05:39 PM

Did you have a 200 mesh screen filter after your injector?
BTW, what's up brother? Good to see you back at it in 2017! Life is good.

heirloomtomaguy February 9, 2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureHarvest (Post 617520)
Did you have a 200 mesh screen filter after your injector?
BTW, what's up brother? Good to see you back at it in 2017! Life is good.

Whats happening man? Good to see you posting around here again. No i did not but i think the root soaker will work out for me. I did not fertilize at all last year and had a banner crop by mistake:))

heirloomtomaguy February 11, 2017 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my right hand man helping me string up a trellis in the rain. This year i am hybridizing string trellis with the florida weave. Why you say.... why not?

heirloomtomaguy February 11, 2017 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even the bees think the variegation is beautiful, even without flowers.

heirloomtomaguy February 13, 2017 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I always liked the way pepper seedlings look so uniform.

Sydney Grower February 14, 2017 06:24 AM

HTG, I love the photo of your backyard!

Although I don't think you have yet maximised your tomato growing space. I can still see some grass!

Hope it is another good season at your place

heirloomtomaguy February 14, 2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydney Grower (Post 618751)
HTG, I love the photo of your backyard!

Although I don't think you have yet maximised your tomato growing space. I can still see some grass!

Hope it is another good season at your place

Thanks! I tried to dig up the yard but my wife likes the grass for the kids. I guess she is right:))

Raiquee February 14, 2017 12:46 PM

Awesome thread. I'm still buried under snow so this gives me life!

heirloomtomaguy February 17, 2017 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You know you have a problem when..........you go on vacation and you have to bring your juvenile seedlings with you:))

heirloomtomaguy February 17, 2017 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two in one leaf on a Oda Pepper seedling.

peebee February 18, 2017 03:07 AM

That is too funny, that pic of your seedlings coming with your family on vacation! :lol:
I can't trust anyone else with my seedlings either, so I go away only after I plant them safe and sound, and can get a reliable person to water them exactly as I instructed.

MissS February 18, 2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy (Post 619663)
You know you have a problem when..........you go on vacation and you have to bring your juvenile seedlings with you:))

I have done the same thing. Kids, dogs and seedlings going on a trip. LOL

BigVanVader February 18, 2017 01:10 PM

I'd like to thank you for this, I showed my wife and said "see, it's completely normal!" :twisted: