Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Heritage Seed Market (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=42071)

schill93 July 7, 2016 05:28 PM

Heritage Seed Market

Just wanted to let you all know how terrific Ellie and Steve from Heritage Seed Market are. I placed a small order of about $18.70 (which included a reasonable shipping cost) with them, and Ellie e-mailed me to let me know that my order was shipped out that morning. However two weeks past and I never received it, so I e-mailed her. We both knew something happened to the order.

So she put together another package and sent it out to me Priority Mail, which cost $7.35 to send. I got the package in a few days. She had included several nice gift packages as well. The following day when I went to my mail box, there was the original envelope looking tattered and dirty from being who knows where.

I emailed Ellie to let her know that now I have two packages, and that I just as soon keep both, and wanted to send her the money for the second order and reimburse her the $7.35 shipping cost for the Priority Mail. She wrote me back today, and said she talked with Steve and he said just to keep them and share some with friends.

I did reimburse them the Priority shipping charges though.

Now that is what I call great service and caring people who want to please.
So if any of you haven't tried them yet, I urge you to do so.

Gerardo July 7, 2016 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=schill93;575985]

Now that is what I call great service and caring people who want to please.
So if any of you haven't tried them yet, I urge you to do so.[/QUOTE]

+1

ginger2778 July 7, 2016 05:41 PM

Ellie is a personal friend, and I want to say that what you wrote about her doesn't surprise me at all. She has so much integrity. I also know that all her seeds are heat treated to get very close to complete sterile so that she never passes on a seed borne virus or bacterium. Germination rates continue to be tested and are very high.
She, Steve, and Ted never sell anything that isn't verified OP either.

jmsieglaff July 7, 2016 11:21 PM

I couldn't give them a higher recommendation as well. The micro dwarf tomatoes were delicious and Ellie also included a number of bonus seeds I look forward to trying in the coming years! Buy with confidence folks!

Heritage July 8, 2016 12:16 AM

[QUOTE=schill93;575985]Just wanted to let you all know how terrific Ellie and Steve from Heritage Seed Market are. ......
[/QUOTE]

schill93,

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad things worked out! I'll be sure to forward your kind comments to Ellie. :)

Have a great summer,
Steve

Heritage July 8, 2016 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;575996]Ellie is a personal friend, and I want to say that what you wrote about her doesn't surprise me at all. She has so much integrity. I also know that all her seeds are heat treated to get very close to complete sterile so that she never passes on a seed borne virus or bacterium. Germination rates continue to be tested and are very high.
She, Steve, and Ted never sell anything that isn't verified OP either.[/QUOTE]

Marsha,

Thanks for the comments:)

Ellie is a perfectionist (I'm sure you know) and does everything possible to distribute disease-free seed. However,I think she would want me to add that heat treatment does not guarantee 100% elimination of viroids or bacterium. The only seed treatment that will eliminate embryo and endosperm disease is the dry heat method, and, as far as I know, no small vendor uses this method.

Steve

Heritage July 8, 2016 12:40 AM

[QUOTE=jmsieglaff;576129]I couldn't give them a higher recommendation as well. The micro dwarf tomatoes were delicious and Ellie also included a number of bonus seeds I look forward to trying in the coming years! Buy with confidence folks![/QUOTE]

jmsieglaff,

Thank you :) One of ellie's specialties will be micro dwarfs, I look forward to following her progress with this relatively new specialty.

Steve

Hulamom July 8, 2016 05:13 AM

Aloha!
I agree that Steve and Ellie are incredible! What Gems!

Heritage July 8, 2016 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=Hulamom;576174]Aloha!
I agree that Steve and Ellie are incredible! What Gems![/QUOTE]

Mahalo, Hulamom! Ellie and Ted are Gems, not so sure about Steve :)

Steve

Heritage July 8, 2016 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;575996]
She, Steve, and Ted never sell anything that isn't verified OP either.[/QUOTE]

Also, I should clarify - although the seeds we currently sell are all OP/heirlooms (not "verified", I don't know what that means), none of us at HSM (I think I am speaking for Ted here, also) are adverse to F1 seeds. One, or more, of us might offer some of our favorite F1 seeds in the future. :)

Steve

ginger2778 July 8, 2016 03:40 PM

Geeze Steve! I'm gonna stay out of this thread from now on.:?!?:

Heritage July 8, 2016 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=ginger2778;576318]Geeze Steve! I'm gonna stay out of this thread from now on.:?!?:[/QUOTE]

No way, I appreciate your chiming in, especially this time of year when I have so little time to post. It's just that I will have to correct anything that is presented as our policy when it isn't our policy.

Steve

Heritage July 8, 2016 04:08 PM

Hi all,

Ellie (Bunny Hop Seeds) has just listed the first 9 peppers we are offering:
[URL="http://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product-category/peppers/"]Ellies first pepper offerings[/URL]

Steve

gardeninglee July 10, 2016 09:51 AM

Those peppers look amazing! I'm waiting for her micros to list. Can we get an update?

kayrobbins July 10, 2016 10:47 AM

I have been waiting for Ellie to list her micro tomato seeds and ordered mine this morning to make sure I got the ones I wanted. I give all my gardening friends micro tomato plants for an early Christmas gift. Even though we have two growing seasons it does get too cold in this area for tomatoes. Everyone seems to enjoy having house tomatoes in the winter.