Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Edibles (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Mushrooms in the forest (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44603)

korney19 September 29, 2017 08:48 AM

Breakfast in Croatia this morning, (Friday!)
 
2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Andrey! Just the Penny Buns! Penny Buns and eggs!;) One was 400+ grams!

Randall September 29, 2017 07:38 PM

Wow!

These are all great finds :arrow:

Andrey_BY September 30, 2017 05:59 AM

13 Attachment(s)
Some more from recent harvest:

fantoma September 30, 2017 08:41 AM

Those look pretty amazing :)

Worth1 September 30, 2017 10:57 AM

I hate looking at this thread, about all we have here is death caps and I love mushrooms.:(

bower September 30, 2017 11:08 AM

Wow, Andrey! What a haul!!! :D
Too many to eat fresh... will you dry them?

Andrey_BY September 30, 2017 03:14 PM

More freeze and pickle than dry) [QUOTE=bower;666561]Wow, Andrey! What a haul!!! :D
Too many to eat fresh... will you dry them?[/QUOTE]

korney19 September 30, 2017 05:09 PM

Andrey hit the jackpot!

Tomatodor = Fungidor! :yes:

Andrey_BY October 2, 2017 02:29 AM

Growing/eating tomatoes and picking/eating mushrooms are my two main passions but women)))

dmforcier October 2, 2017 11:45 AM

I hear some women like those things too. Good luck!

carolyn137 October 2, 2017 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Andrey_BY;666755]Growing/eating tomatoes and picking/eating mushrooms are my two main passions but women)))[/QUOTE]

Why the plural woMEN Andrey, what would your wife think about that?;):lol:

Carolyn

Andrey_BY October 2, 2017 04:14 PM

Because I've got 3 of them in my family with 1 wife and 2 daughters and you are a woman as well, lovely Carolyn:D

[QUOTE=carolyn137;666782]Why the plural woMEN Andrey, what would your wife think about that?;):lol:

Carolyn[/QUOTE]

carolyn137 October 2, 2017 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=Andrey_BY;666796]Because I've got 3 of them in my family with 1 wife and 2 daughters and you are a woman as well, lovely Carolyn:D[/QUOTE]

Yes Andrey now I understand, and yes I am a woman even though my last name is Male and my e-mail address of cmale,aka see male)has resulted in some interesting spam stuff I've received over the years as well.;):lol:

Carolyn

Gardeneer October 3, 2017 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;666559]I hate looking at this thread, about all we have here is death caps and I love mushrooms.:([/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about mushrooms but I love them.
We get all shapes, color and sizes popping up in the grass and pasture. Some of them are real giant ones. I wish they were edible.
I used to see oyster mushrooms on tree trunks , back in Atlanta. But even then I didn't dare to eat them. The oriental people are good at knowing what is edible what is not. I have heard that maybe 90% of mushrooms are edible but who would want to take a chance on the 10% :panic:

GrowingCoastal October 3, 2017 10:27 PM

"but who would want to take a chance on the 10%"

Who? My parents when they were young and another couple, according to mom. They had picked some mushrooms that looked the same as some that grow in the old country. After they had eaten their meal they sat around and watched each other waiting.....:twisted:
No one got sick, they all lived, a happy ending but not something to repeat!:?!?:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2019 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★