Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Growing In Containers (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   all planted (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45249)

encore June 9, 2017 08:58 AM

all planted

1 Attachment(s)
well time will tell! all plants are in! now can sit back and relax! (i hope!)--lol ---tom

Rockporter June 9, 2017 10:32 AM

Looks awesome, I hope you have a great season.

SteveP June 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Looks great. What varieties are you growing?

encore June 9, 2017 11:03 AM

atkinson-blush-brad's black heart-early girl-everrett's rusty oxheart-german johnsonbenton-GGWT-maglia rosa-cherokee purple- rebel yell-sun gold-sunrise bumble bee-sky reacher-wes--and an orange russian 117 in the ground .. lol i'll see for sure what likes or dislikes the rggs! lol---tom

ako1974 June 9, 2017 12:37 PM

Great setup!

oakley June 9, 2017 01:02 PM

Fine looking set-up and a great grow list. Many in my 'stable' of favorites especially
GGWT.

encore July 8, 2017 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
think they'll be ok! lol

MissS July 8, 2017 11:23 PM

What a great set up and your plants look great!

What do you do when the plants reach the top?

encore July 9, 2017 08:47 AM

i don't know! lol did'nt have the top T frame last year, put it up because a couple of plants tipped over, lol i had wooden poles last year and they snapped,.that's why i got them green ones sticking through holes in 2x4's any suggestions?--tom

jtjmartin July 9, 2017 09:02 AM

Tom:

You could:

1. Just let the vines eventually fold over and come back down. I would prune a lot of the inner leaves before they fold over.
2. Get bigger poles!
3. Transition to a lean and lower system so that the plants end up wrapping themselves around the frame but never reach beyond the top.

Bipetual July 9, 2017 05:41 PM

Nice work! Your plants look really happy. I think when they get to the top you should just see what they do. Stop tying them a couple of feet below the top. They may just sprawl apart and make room for the wood piece, depending on the variety.

I use the five foot cone shaped cages in my containers and my plants spread out at the top. Once in a while a big cherry plant will flip over the top of the cage and start growing back down, but it's not a big deal to me. Especially as short as our seasons are in the north!

encore July 25, 2017 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOOK WHAT I'VE DONE!!! lol i knew there was a reason i did'nt want to plant 14 buckets again! lol---tom :dizzy:

Rockporter July 25, 2017 09:12 PM

LOL, oh boy are you in trouble now. Looks like some pruning is in order for you. :lol:

encore July 25, 2017 09:15 PM

not really sure what to cut and not to cut tho. lol

My Foot Smells August 1, 2017 10:10 AM

best 5 gallon bucket plants I have ever seen.