Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ XI - 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Anyone thinking of 2008? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=8139)

penguingardener March 19, 2008 08:51 AM

Anyone thinking of 2008?

Hi!

Michael recently wanted to remind me to make sure I put this event in the household calendar. I get to be better prepared this year! I got a community plot and a plan to grow more too!

We also want to make our next visit to the area longer and do some touristy things.

Hmm, maybe he'll be up to be dragged to CHOPTAG or MAGTAG as well. ;)

Er, I think I still have pictures to post, don't I? [SIZE=1]Sorry.[/SIZE]

remy March 20, 2008 07:40 PM

Hi Pomona!
I was just talking about you! I swear. I was at Norm and Marilyn's on Tues. If you remember, Norm was my old neighbor who grows lots of tomatoes. He of course remembers you. He saved seeds from your pepper and gave me some.
Most everyone who came last year has been asking about this year. I've told everyone I would do it again. How could I not? It worked out so well last year.;) I already have been squirreling away things for the party, so we definitely need to do it again!
I haven't heard from Mark in awhile. I'm sure he is busy with his seeds. Hilde just came back from her Norway/Texas extended vacation, and I know she'll be coming. Rob, who won biggest and best tomato with Earl's Faux, is already making party plans! Norm of course is coming. My sis-in-law has already planned what she is making for a dish this year.:lol: I could go on, but you get the idea.;)
Anyway, yes, you do still owe pics!! But your post also reminds me. I'm suppose to make a tourist thread. I have the web site stuff here, so I just need to do it.
I was thinking of the same weekend again. The one after labor day. It worked out so well last year. Everyone I've suggested it to seems to agree because no one makes plans for that weekend so it is usually free for everyone. I of course need to talk to Mark about it, but that is the tentative idea from me.
Remy

penguingardener March 23, 2008 09:21 AM

Wow, that is coincidental! I remember Marilyn and Norm, didn't they bring a peachy-like tomato?

penguingardener March 23, 2008 09:25 AM

So...when I upload the photos, shall I worry about our camera-shy friends? (Ahem, Mark? Anyone else?)

Thanks,
Pom

remy March 23, 2008 10:44 AM

:lol: I think Mark is the only camera shy one.

Norm did bring the peach look-a-like tomato. In fact he gave me seeds to distribute that I sent out everywhere late last year. Hopefully some of the plants will produce the same fruit.
Remy

korney19 May 26, 2008 01:25 AM

I'll be there with bells on!

Zana June 10, 2008 10:04 AM

Caz and I are planning on making the trek down....dunno about whether Desi is hitching a ride again. LOL But no worries if he wants to, there'll be room.

Julianna, if you read this do you want to carpool down from say, Burlington?????

remy June 10, 2008 09:54 PM

Zana,
I'm so glad you are planning on coming again! I so enjoyed chatting with you. Seems most everyone from last year's is planning on being there plus some people who couldn't make it last year have put it on their calendar. A bean lover from Eden, NY is planning on coming and hopefully bringing some interesting beans like you did last year. So it is looking to be a wonderful time:D.
It would be great if Julianna made it this year too!
Remy