Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The KARMA Project (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38529)

bower March 30, 2018 12:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Everybody's Karma Pinks look fantastic!! :D
Here's mine four weeks from germination.
You'll be happy to know Karma was not destined to be among the group of seedlings I blistered under the LED. Her first stint has been in the west window under fluorescent, which is my classic tomato spot tried and true. Yesterday I shuffled the plants around to reorganize them by height. Karma is among the tallest group of seedlings, and also the sturdiest seedlings, mostly from the same window spot. You can see the stems are quite purple compared to two on the far left, which were looking out on the greenhouse and I guess, that much warmer. I want them all to get some time in that cool window so Karma and friends will spend some time in the warmer spot now.
PS. in the group shots, Karma is the only PL.
I don't know why, but this plant with lovely shaped leaves reminds me of an orchid. :cute: Tough as nails, however! :D

ginger2778 March 30, 2018 04:17 PM

Wow Bower! They are gorgeous! Look almost transplant size already. Thank you, this makes my day.

KarenO March 30, 2018 04:25 PM

Looking great Bower. :)
KarenO

Labradors2 April 6, 2018 01:50 PM

My seedlings are only 3" tall, but the Karma Pinks are easy to pick out from the crowd because of those massive Potato Leaves :). Hoping for great things from this variety!

Linda

KarenO April 6, 2018 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Labradors2;693653]My seedlings are only 3" tall, but the Karma Pinks are easy to pick out from the crowd because of those massive Potato Leaves :). Hoping for great things from this variety!

Linda[/QUOTE]

I believe those big leaves are making the sugars to make them taste so good :)
I hope you will think so too Linda.
Karen

bower April 6, 2018 10:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Five weeks, wee baby buds, yayyy !! :D Karma Pink is holding her own with my earliest. And look at the long reach of this lady! Wowza, Karmonsta.8-)

imp April 6, 2018 10:18 PM

Those are lovely, bower, and do sort of look like orchids.

KarenO April 7, 2018 12:46 AM

Oh so happy to see the Early buds
:) us Canucks need some made in Canada tomatoes
( that taste good ) if they grow well here and in South Florida at Marsha’s then they will grow anywhere.
Karen

NicolasGarcia April 7, 2018 04:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]80200[/ATTACH]My karma pink in Spain, they are growing well although the time does not accompany this year, happy to share my photos with all of you, Greetings and good harvest.

ginger2778 April 7, 2018 07:10 AM

Bower, wow! Great looking plant. Nicolas, I am so excited to see our babies doing well in Spain. Well done!

ginger2778 April 7, 2018 07:17 AM

How are some of the rest of The KARMA Pink recipients doing? We'd love to hear progress even if you can't manage a photo. Germination, vigor, etc.

Greatgardens April 7, 2018 07:47 AM

Planted mine quite recently on 3-23. 100% germination with no issues, starting in 4 days (with bottom heat). I only planted 4 seeds to ultimately set out 1 plant. This will go in soil with several other cherry varieties (Sunchocola, Big Orange Volunteer, and Esterina). Doing very well thus far. Have their first true leaves, so nothing remarkable to post as far as pictures.
-GG

ginger2778 April 7, 2018 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=Greatgardens;693791]Planted mine quite recently on 3-23. 100% germination with no issues, starting in 4 days (with bottom heat). I only planted 4 seeds to ultimately set out 1 plant. This will go in soil with several other cherry varieties (Sunchocola, Big Orange Volunteer, and Esterina). Doing very well thus far. Has its first true leaves, so nothing remarkable to post as far as pictures.
-GG[/QUOTE]

I love hearing that germination report. Thank you.

Hensaplenty April 7, 2018 11:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I only started two seeds and both germinated quickly. I am limited this year since we are moving end of June. Everything in containers. Of course, I'm super hopeful that I'll get to keep it all not knowing any details yet of our move. :dizzy:

Most of my tomatoes are ready to go outside, but the weather has turned here, so I'm waiting. :no:

Karma at about 22 days, then at 39 days. Then my bucket of goodies waiting patiently to be planted. :)

Koala Doug April 7, 2018 11:41 AM

[SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond][B]I started my KARMA Pink on March 20th and got a tap root after about twenty-four hours (I did make a brief post here a couple of weeks ago).

Since then, the plant has its cotyledons, its first set of true leaves, and a tiny growing tip... so nothing too much to report as of yet!

:)

[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]