Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Crosstalk: Tomatoville Research and Development™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   True North Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35894)

NicolasGarcia September 4, 2019 04:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone.
I show photos of my first tomato "Taiga".
It is very beautiful and colorful, and with a very good flavor, an authentic wonder of colors.
Thanks Karen

Whwoz September 4, 2019 06:44 AM

Taiga and Polaris have germinated down under. Others should not be too far behind

NarnianGarden September 5, 2019 11:24 AM

Yay! My first True Colours is showing some blush! It is probably almost 1 kg... will have to weigh it upon harvesting.

KarenO September 5, 2019 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;745366]Yay! My first True Colours is showing some blush! It is probably almost 1 kg... will have to weigh it upon harvesting.[/QUOTE]

That’s a biggie!! Can’t wait to see it/ hear about it
You have been very patient, I hope there are plenty of others

MrBig46 September 5, 2019 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=davidj;745175]Karen, your tomatoes look wonderful !

I saw that Secret Seed Cartel has started to list some of your varieties, so I'll try some next summer. Already can't wait to see how they will do in my growing conditions and how they will taste !

David[/QUOTE]
Can you give a link to Secret Seed Cartel? Beautiful tomatoes. I'd like to try some in my garden.
Vladimír

KarenO September 6, 2019 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=MrBig46;745421]Can you give a link to Secret Seed Cartel? Beautiful tomatoes. I'd like to try some in my garden.
Vladimír[/QUOTE]
Pm me Vladimir :)
KarenO

NarnianGarden September 12, 2019 05:13 AM

The first True Colours fruit ready for harvest. Yay!

NarnianGarden September 13, 2019 03:53 PM

.. and the weight was.. 750 grams!

So far, that is my record tomato! No need to hit the 1 kg mark .. it is large enough for three people.

KarenO September 14, 2019 02:54 AM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;745839].. and the weight was.. 750 grams!

So far, that is my record tomato! No need to hit the 1 kg mark .. it is large enough for three people.[/QUOTE]

:) yay that’s great! That’s a big one for true colours :) I hope it tasted delicious
Thanks for growing it!
Karen

NarnianGarden September 14, 2019 09:46 AM

The taste was good - but not the best. I probably allowed it to get a bit overripe.
Next time, I'll know better and will slice it open while it still has some tartness. It is hard to determine the ideal point, as I thought the color has to be full red :)
I will eat the next ones while they still have more green.

KarenO September 26, 2019 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This group heading to F5, very pleased with this year’s selections.
Thank you to everybody who tried the hearts and Polaris this year and provided valuable feedback.
Tundra should be available soon :)

GrowingCoastal September 26, 2019 12:00 PM

They are all beautiful.

NarnianGarden September 30, 2019 02:27 PM

I had another True Colours tomato and this one was delicious. Still quite soft although it had lots of green left. Maybe because it was indoors ripened.
Will definitely try to grow them next year again.

KarenO September 30, 2019 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=NarnianGarden;747038]I had another True Colours tomato and this one was delicious. Still quite soft although it had lots of green left. Maybe because it was indoors ripened.
Will definitely try to grow them next year again.[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to be green.
Green and pink bicolour interior green, bit of yellow sometimes with variable purple blotchy over green exterior. fruit striped green shoulders depending on weather etc :)
KarenO
Glad you liked the flavour. Try one before soft. I like mine firm

NarnianGarden September 30, 2019 08:00 PM

Yep, that is why my first TC didn't have that 'tang' anymore, it had gotten too red :-)

I still have a couple of them ripening in a basket inside...