Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2012 Tatiana's tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=24787)

Tania August 30, 2012 01:36 AM

2012 Tatiana's tomatoes

I love Kath's 2012 thread, and it was a real inspiration for me.

[Kath, I hope you do not mind me copying your posting style...]

I am quite a bit behind uploading and posting pictures, but I will try to add them in chronological order, so PNWers can get an idea about the order of maturity of different varieties in my garden.

So here you go, I am starting from uploading pictures taken on August 9.

Tania August 30, 2012 01:40 AM

Ahead of the Game

4 Attachment(s)
This is an offtype of a Russian tomato called 'Malinovyi Gigant'. Either the original commercial seeds were unstable or it crossed in my 2005 garden, but I got early red fruits instead of pink. A very good find, but I am not sure if it is stable.

Tania August 30, 2012 01:43 AM

Visitation Valley

1 Attachment(s)
Small red, but very flavorful. I liked it. The plants are loaded.

Tania August 30, 2012 01:51 AM

Sonny

8 Attachment(s)
Original cross Sungold X Mom's was made by David Lieven of Belgium. I am working on stabilizing the early orange segregation line. Beautiful apricot color and surprisingly good keeper. I love the cute shape! This is a working name.

Tania August 30, 2012 01:53 AM

Beta

2 Attachment(s)
High production on very compact vines. Unfortunately none of the fruits had any viable seeds in them, so I may not be able to collect any seeds. Too bad!

Tania August 30, 2012 01:57 AM

Tatura

2 Attachment(s)
Another very nice discovery. Small red with great flavor and firm flesh, early, and compact plants, great for containers. August 11.

Tania August 30, 2012 01:59 AM

Peacevine

2 Attachment(s)
OP version of Sweet 100 F1 hybrid. I was not thrilled with flavor, but my neighbour liked it. It is earlier than SunGold in my garden, which is impressive.

Tania August 30, 2012 02:01 AM

Lukullus - August 12

4 Attachment(s)
Small cluster tomato. Unbelievable productivity. Good taste.

Tania August 30, 2012 02:02 AM

Fruity Cherry - August 12

5 Attachment(s)
Very unusual, as it ripens from pale orange to bright red, great flavor at either ripening stage. A great find! And early too.

Linda, thank you for the seeds! :love:

pugfrog August 30, 2012 03:57 AM

Tatura may be the same as Tatura Dwarf . Is the seed from Australia?

carolyn137 August 30, 2012 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=Tania;300881]Small red, but very flavorful. I liked it. The plants are loaded.[/QUOTE]

Tania, you know I've grown it as noted in your page for it and I can remember discussing it at either the AOL Tomato Forum or GW many years ago that when I think of the name Visitation Valley ( noting your correct spelling of it) I had a vision of that valley having a cemetery in it where folks did, ahem, visit.;)

At the time I grew it I don't think I was very impressed b'c it was yet another small red that didn't distinguish itself from many other small reds I'd grown, so I'm glad you found it to be flavorful.:)

Tania August 30, 2012 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=pugfrog;300891]Tatura may be the same as Tatura Dwarf . Is the seed from Australia?[/QUOTE]

I think Tatura originally came from Australia, although I got my seeds from a Texan. [url]http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Tatura[/url]

Tania August 30, 2012 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;300907]Tania, you know I've grown it as noted in your page for it and I can remember discussing it at either the AOL Tomato Forum or GW many years ago that when I think of the name Visitation Valley ( noting your correct spelling of it) I had a vision of that valley having a cemetery in it where folks did, ahem, visit.;)

At the time I grew it I don't think I was very impressed b'c it was yet another small red that didn't distinguish itself from many other small reds I'd grown, so I'm glad you found it to be flavorful.:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember the story :)
I was actually quite surprised that it turned out to be quite good tasting. My expectations were very low.

Tania August 30, 2012 02:43 PM

Tambovskiy Urozhainyi 340 - Aug 12

4 Attachment(s)
Another unassuming medium red tomato, but I'd like to note its remarkable productivity and earliness. Not the best tasting, but it beats a supermarket tomato by far.

Tania August 30, 2012 02:44 PM

Galina's Yellow - August 12

4 Attachment(s)
Well, I was disappointed with the taste of the first few fruits - it was too mild. The later fruits are improving though. Another reliable early cherry.

It continues to produce more ripe cherries every day now. Lots of seeds saved!