Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Master Shake vegetable garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49975)

Master Shake January 20, 2020 06:13 AM

Master Shake vegetable garden

1 Attachment(s)
I thought i'd make a thread to show my tomatoes and maybe some of the other fruit and vegetables i grow. :)

[SIZE="2"](from right to left)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Brandywine, Carbon, White Beauty, Amana Orange[/SIZE]

Whwoz January 20, 2020 06:36 AM

Beautiful Master Shake

Master Shake January 20, 2020 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=Whwoz;752678]Beautiful Master Shake[/QUOTE]

Thanks Whwoz :)

The Brandywine is my favourite of these 4.
Perfect colour and texture and full of flavour.

kath January 20, 2020 08:18 AM

Yay! We love photos...and dreaming about tomatoes and fresh veggies at this time of year! Thank, you, Master Shake!

Nan_PA_6b January 20, 2020 05:48 PM

Oh, we really need you Aussies this time of year! Looks luscious!

SQWIBB January 21, 2020 08:16 AM

Looking good, thanks for sharing.

Master Shake January 21, 2020 10:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Seeing as the photos were appreciated, here are some more :)

Dester (top), Creole (bottom), Cherokee Purple (right)

Master Shake January 31, 2020 07:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more tomatoes :?

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][I]Cherokee Chocolate, Creole, Black Russian, Flamme (*2) and Pink Bumblebee (*2)[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Master Shake January 31, 2020 07:19 AM

And just want to say [B][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]THANK YOU[/COLOR][/I][/B] to the multiple people already who have offered me seeds (if you read this).

I didn't really know what the etiquette for sharing seeds was on here, but it seems not a big deal and commonplace.
Maybe i will make a list of ones i am interested in that i don't already have one day to see if anyone can help me, but for this next year or 2 i have more than i can use, and i plan on making some crosses of my own to grow out and see what i find.

Nan_PA_6b January 31, 2020 10:06 AM

Any time you're ready, just post in the Seeds Wanted section!

Master Shake August 4, 2020 08:48 AM

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to share my selection of 20 varieties i will be trying this spring, if anyone has strong opinons on any of the varieties i list, please TELL ME WHY? :? :love:

- Red Brandywine
- Pink Brandywine
- Flamme
- Green Grape
- Chocolate Berry
- Tomme Toe (red)
- Tomme Toe (yellow)
- Black Beauty
- Solar Flare
- Cherokee Purple
- Black Zebra Roma
- Opalka
- Taxi
- Principe Borghese
- Uluru Ochre
- Dwarf Wild Spudleaf
- Dwarf Blazing Beauty
- Tastywine
- Tasmanian Chocolate
- Amish Gold

Master Shake February 16, 2021 03:48 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, tomatoes are still proving to be sensitive plants to me.... if it's not one problem it's another.... i still have a few plants producing fruit but a lot of them have succumb to blight and completely died.
I have some ideas for next season, including growing some varieties in pots, swapping my pepper patch and tomato patch and also lowering any expectation for what i will get and adding different vegetables just to take my mind off of the annual disappointment i get from subpar tomato harvests.

Here's a few nice tomatoes from the garden so far,

PNW_D February 16, 2021 11:37 AM

well I don't have to ask what the last one is ..... Uluru Ochre is unique ..... not a big producer in my garden, but excellent taste .....

do you have a favourite in this year's grow out?

ddsack February 16, 2021 11:42 AM

Yes, really am enjoying the sliced pictures and wishing I could have them on a sandwich! Please comment on your favorites when you have some time.

Master Shake February 16, 2021 04:15 PM

Yes, it's Uluru Ochre, probably my favourite new variety this year so far, along with pink and red Brandywine's.

Some varieties died before i even got any fruit from them at all, so will have to try again next season.