Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Renaissancefarms.com (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49706)

Linda10 September 29, 2019 09:22 PM

Renaissancefarms.com

Just wondering if anyone else had ordered from this company. I was reading about a tomato called Nairobi Nights and this was the source for it.

Packages come in 10 or 25 seeds and the one I ordered 25 of only came with 14, so I contacted them through their online contact form late that night. First thing in the morning I received an apology and offer to make things right. As is often the case with unknown companies, I expected this to be a back and forth time consuming effort, so I was pleasantly surprised to get such a response. I told them I didn't need the extra seed, since I felt it would be unfair to them to send another package for so small an error. Curtis then sent back that he put a note to add extra seeds to a future order... Wow!

Definitely will order from them again.

MissS September 30, 2019 06:33 AM

I have used this company off and on through the years. Curtis always offers very good service and some unique varieties. I'm glad to hear that you experienced such wonderful customer service. I feel that he is a person of integrity.

NarnianGarden September 30, 2019 08:52 AM

[url]http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47010[/url]

There are a couple more threads about him, mostly very positive.

Linda10 September 30, 2019 09:21 PM

Thanks for the good feedback MissS and NarnianGarden. I will take a look at that thread. Nothing came up when I searched here yesterday. Oops, looks like I used .com instead of the correct .org!

Lee October 1, 2019 11:00 AM

That is quite impressive. Not only were they willing to correct their error, but they also are able to accommodate the goodwill of the customer in applying the "correction" to a future order.

Definitely sounds like a company I'd like to do business with.

Thanks for the reference Linda!

Lee

littleukgarden December 18, 2020 06:22 PM

I had a successful order with Curtis of seeds to the UK including a freebie of a variety called Dixiewine ���� All the seed zippies had extra to what the quantity stated was so no complaints from me so far! Looking forward to seeing what the results show next season!

atilgan December 19, 2020 02:36 AM

I emailed them and asked when an out of stock variety would again be available. No replies yet.

sjamesNorway December 19, 2020 10:11 AM

I ordered from them this year for next year's planting. AOK!

Steve

RJGlew December 19, 2020 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=sjamesNorway;760675]I ordered from them this year for next year's planting. AOK!

Steve[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve, if I may ask, who are they?
The domain listed in posting #1 appears to be for sale.

renaissancefarms.com
This domain name is for sale
Give us a call (781) 373-6820
Get a price in less than 24 hours

Fred Hempel December 19, 2020 03:36 PM

renaissancefarms.org

RJGlew December 19, 2020 03:47 PM

Thank you.

littleukgarden December 19, 2020 07:37 PM

Would like to just add to this post the varieties that I ordered for part of my next years plantings are -
Hoy
Rose
Jazz
Great White Blues
Delicious Hunt Strain
Great Bear
Big White Pink Stripes
Minibel
Carbon

Looking forward to seeing how these perform!

R2rusmc January 21, 2022 06:42 AM

Sketchy order

I placed a huge order ($180) with this company last week, mostly tomatoes but some other seeds as well.

Why I say sketchy?

1. Took my money immediately (as expected) yet my order account still even a week later shows as being UNPAID.

2. No emailed order confirmation except from PayPal for payment.

3. I called the provided number to make sure they are aware the order is paid in full and get a generic voicemail. I ask for a return call, nothing.

4. Followup email with image from website showing them listing me as unpaid and image from PayPal showing I’ve paid. No response, not even an auto response to acknowledge receipt.

Complete failure in communication is no way too run a business.

DK2021 January 21, 2022 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=R2rusmc;766538]I placed a huge order ($180) with this company last week, mostly tomatoes but some other seeds as well.

Why I say sketchy?

1. Took my money immediately (as expected) yet my order account still even a week later shows as being UNPAID.

2. No emailed order confirmation except from PayPal for payment.

3. I called the provided number to make sure they are aware the order is paid in full and get a generic voicemail. I ask for a return call, nothing.

4. Followup email with image from website showing them listing me as unpaid and image from PayPal showing I’ve paid. No response, not even an auto response to acknowledge receipt.

Complete failure in communication is no way too run a business.[/QUOTE]
I have ordered a few times from Renaissance Farms and never had a problem--plants come true to description and germination rates are good. I put in a larger order last month and got the seeds in good order. This company as far as I know is run by one guy, and I'm sure seed orders have ramped up for the season, so I'd suggest a little patience.

R2rusmc January 21, 2022 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=DK2021;766542]I have ordered a few times from Renaissance Farms and never had a problem--plants come true to description and germination rates are good. I put in a larger order last month and got the seeds in good order. This company as far as I know is run by one guy, and I'm sure seed orders have ramped up for the season, so I'd suggest a little patience.[/QUOTE]

I’d be fine and patient if his page reflected my order as paid and if I received a receipt for my order. Those two things should be an automatic occurrence with his e-commerce program.