Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   U2 a.k.a. Elbonian Mud Ball (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=26665)

Tormato February 20, 2013 02:11 PM

U2 a.k.a. Elbonian Mud Ball

For now, this experimental tomato (F2 seed) is going out to all of those in the round robin swap who sent in or requested black tomatoes. I'll fill in the details when I have time, which should be in about a week.

Please no requests for seeds, now. I'll post in the Have forum after the swap.

:roll:If I get a PM about it, I might send Alice to your cubicle.

The Pointy Haired Boss (of the swap)

Doug9345 February 20, 2013 02:42 PM

I just had to see if I had actually sent in or requested black tomato seed. Yes to both.:yes:

Mudman February 20, 2013 05:07 PM

Slightly interested...

Wi-sunflower February 20, 2013 05:46 PM

It wouldn't have anything to do with your name now would it Mike !!

Carol

Doug9345 February 20, 2013 06:41 PM

I just wired to the Dilbert connection.:))

Mudman February 20, 2013 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=Wi-sunflower;328966]It wouldn't have anything to do with your name now would it Mike !!

Carol[/QUOTE]
;)

Tormato February 21, 2013 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mudman;328961]Slightly interested...[/QUOTE]

Keep your Wellies on.

You've only got to wait a week.

Crissyb February 27, 2013 02:31 AM

Oooh! Can't wait! I requested any black and I love black tomatoes so I am excited to try it. Thanks so much!

KarenO February 27, 2013 02:57 AM

who could resist a tomato called elbonian mudball? I would grow it right beside seek no further love apple and totally freak out the neighbors in the community garden who can't see past the box store early girls :)
I'm already considered a maverick. lol I hope you sent me some.
KO

Tormato February 28, 2013 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;330512]who could resist a tomato called elbonian mudball? I would grow it right beside seek no further love apple and totally freak out the neighbors in the community garden who can't see past the box store early girls :)
I'm already considered a maverick. lol I hope you sent me some.
KO[/QUOTE]

So what happens if the neighbors in the community garden see plants of

"Searching For Blue Zebra", or

"Seattle W:shock::shock:ly Blue Mamm:shock:th"?

KarenO March 1, 2013 11:21 AM

Haha! would make me seem mysterious I think. But they are getting interested, more so each year. I will convert them yet. everyone here grows standard, usually hybrid determinates in cages. Just growing indeterminates is a reach for them, never mind the oddball heirlooms I favor. Most have never heard of a black tomato for instance. not even the common ones like cherokee purple nevermind your Elbonian mudball :)

Tormato March 1, 2013 01:11 PM

Your maverick 'maters went out today.

KarenO March 1, 2013 05:14 PM

That is so great of you! I owe you. I will be famous at the community garden now for sure. Planting time is coming up fast and this will be the most interesting year ever thanks to you and so many people here at T-Ville who have been so generous in sharing their seeds. Payback is coming from Karen O. (ps: I like Dilbert too) have a great weekend!
Karen

strmywthr3 March 2, 2013 01:26 PM

description?

I just got some seeds of this tomato in a trade and have no idea what it's supposed to be. can someone help me out?

Tormato March 4, 2013 03:15 PM

I'll explain it in a few days. Someone (in a few days) PM me to remind me.

Gary