Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   2021 Seeds in Stock? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=50753)

Geezer January 5, 2021 01:24 PM

2021 Seeds in Stock?

Greetings All!

Just wondering who has 2021 seeds in stock and is selling now.

Fred Hempel January 5, 2021 01:40 PM

We do. [url]www.growartisan.com[/url]

Thanks for asking.

littleukgarden January 5, 2021 06:32 PM

Vertiloom do ☺️����

FarmerShawn January 5, 2021 09:56 PM

Don't know what seeds you're looking for, but yesterday I successfully ordered from Seeds n Such, and today from Tomato Growers Supply. Both Fedco and Johnny's Selected Seeds say they'll be stocked and ready mid-January. I understand they have seed stock, but covid-related labor issues are affecting their ability to fill packets and fulfill orders.

Patihum January 6, 2021 05:42 AM

Bunny Hop Seeds has lots of new things listed.

Wi-sunflower January 11, 2021 10:06 AM

I have plenty of some varieties and some of plenty of varieties. knapps-fresh-vegies dot com

Carol

atilgan January 11, 2021 11:55 AM

It is
[url]http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms.com/[/url]

PaulF January 11, 2021 01:05 PM

We did a survey before my wife and I began placing orders about a month ago and discovered every source we have ever used have seeds in stock and plenty to go around.

The big rush on garden seeds from last year has abated as many of those "fad" gardeners have decided it was too much work to grow their own. Seed sellers ramped up in anticipation of the Covid stay at home and garden crowd would again this year overwhelm the industry. Apparently most of the first timers have gone on to another "fad".

The new seeds we ordered and received from Carol are waiting for Feb/Mar and Spring.

Geezer January 12, 2021 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Wi-sunflower;761136]I have plenty of some varieties and some of plenty of varieties. knapps-fresh-vegies dot com

Carol[/QUOTE]

Tried to order a couple years ago when things "went south" for you. More than happy to give it another shot!:)

Wi-sunflower January 16, 2021 11:31 AM

Yes, I had a bad time about 4 or 5 years ago. Now I do my best to get seeds out in a week or less during my winter - Dec - April. But if ordered during the summer, I'm often too busy with the farm work to get orders out in less than 2-4 weeks. Just depends on a lot of things including if we have any helpers for the farm.

Carol

Wi-sunflower January 20, 2021 06:48 AM

I've been working on my web site some and finally figured out how to get rid of the .netfirms part of my web address. I've owned the domain name for about 10 years but never figured out that part til now. so you should be able to get there directly now. knapps-fresh-vegies.com

Carol

Urbanheirlooms February 28, 2021 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=PaulF;761142]We did a survey before my wife and I began placing orders about a month ago and discovered every source we have ever used have seeds in stock and plenty to go around.

The big rush on garden seeds from last year has abated as many of those "fad" gardeners have decided it was too much work to grow their own. Seed sellers ramped up in anticipation of the Covid stay at home and garden crowd would again this year overwhelm the industry. Apparently most of the first timers have gone on to another "fad".

The new seeds we ordered and received from Carol are waiting for Feb/Mar and Spring.[/QUOTE]

Last year was interesting to say the least, it was very difficult to find plants & seeds. Although I agree that many people probably got into the garden thing since they had so much time on their hands, I would bet this year will still be busy at garden centers & seed ordering on line. I checked Heritage seeds website and it said they were behind in shipping due to increased sales. Time will tell.

PaulF February 28, 2021 05:46 PM

Several seed catalogs and seed sites are running low and behind on orders. I guess more gardening going on this year as well. Glad we ordered early.

Fusion_power March 4, 2021 03:54 PM

While I have plenty of seed of everything I plan to grow this year, I still need to purchase canning supplies. Walmart is sold out. We tried several other sellers that normally sell in bulk, but so far none have been able to get any lids. I still have over 100 lids left from last year so not in dire need, but will need to get some before June. I'm not a hoarder so tend to purchase what I need year to year. This year, I need about 200 more lids.

I'm posting this is to highlight to others that there may be a shortage of lids this year.

Labradors2 March 4, 2021 04:12 PM

Fusion, try Amazon for lids.

A couple of years ago, I noticed that they charge a lot for lids in the stores to make us buy more jar sets. That is SO wasteful because I don't NEED any more jars. I searched all the stores around here for lids at a respectable price with no joy, but finally found them at Amazon.

Linda