Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   The Workbench: BIY™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Great way to organize your seeds... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=31238)

Dork Fish February 24, 2014 03:38 PM

Great way to organize your seeds...

3 Attachment(s)
I got ideas from various people and sites. I put it together and this is what I came up with...

[ATTACH]41159[/ATTACH]

It has helped me stay organized. So far it has worked out well! I thought that I would share with all of you. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

All of my seeds are in a zippered binder just so they don't fall out.

The sheets in the binder were purchased from Wal-Mart/target, etc. They are for baseball cards.

I bought envelopes from uline. I can't remember the exact size. I can get that later. I think there were 1000 in the box.

I liked the insert (tomato description) that came with some seeds that I purchased, so I created a spreadsheet that was similar but not exact.

And wallaaa, seeds are all in one place.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Dork Fish February 24, 2014 03:41 PM

okay, i have to re-save the excel sheet under xls format. I am using xlsx. Not sure if this changed the cells or not :?

if anyone needs help with the spreadsheet, just let me know.

debles February 24, 2014 04:54 PM

Thank you Dork Fish! That is a terrific way to organize and store them.
I'm totally lacking in organizational skills.

KarenO February 24, 2014 05:03 PM

looks great and very similar to what I do except I use the photo albums with the clear plastic pocket pages. I organize mine by type, cherries, pastes, hearts, beefsteak/... you get the idea ...and then within those categories by color. Also a separate album for peppers which I don't have nearly as many of. keeps it all neat and tidy and Makes it easy to find a specific packet of seed if I need to :)
KarenO

momoflilgs February 24, 2014 09:12 PM

I love this idea! I have several of the baseball sheets leftover from my extreme couponing days and I was just wondering what to do with them.

Dork Fish March 1, 2014 10:37 AM

Glad i can help :)

Dont forget...The [COLOR=red][B]SPREADSHEETS[/B][/COLOR] are on the first post.

debbym March 1, 2014 01:49 PM

I love this. Mine are all in a shoe box.
Debby

peppero March 1, 2014 03:01 PM

That is SO neat. Thanks for posting this.

jon:yes:

Dork Fish March 1, 2014 03:36 PM

Absolutely!!

tam91 March 2, 2014 10:12 AM

Yep, I've done mine the same way for a few years now. Except I haven't done the nice spreadsheet. I also separate them by cherries, black, pink, etc.

roper2008 March 2, 2014 10:28 AM

I also have mine in a binder. I love the little seed packets. I wish I knew how to
do that.

madddawg March 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Its funny how something so obvious be so obscure. Something like that, everyone everyone should have known. Great Idea!:yes:

Riceloft March 2, 2014 12:06 PM

Wow. Fantastic idea. I have a whole bunch of these that I was going to get rid of.

Dork Fish March 2, 2014 12:56 PM

Roper the spreadsheets are attached. You can change then to what ever you need

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

splangemac March 5, 2014 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Dork Fish;393797]I got ideas from various people and sites. I put it together and this is what I came up with...

[ATTACH]41159[/ATTACH]

It has helped me stay organized. So far it has worked out well! I thought that I would share with all of you. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

All of my seeds are in a zippered binder just so they don't fall out.

The sheets in the binder were purchased from Wal-Mart/target, etc. They are for baseball cards.

I bought envelopes from uline. I can't remember the exact size. I can get that later. I think there were 1000 in the box.

I liked the insert (tomato description) that came with some seeds that I purchased, so I created a spreadsheet that was similar but not exact.

And wallaaa, seeds are all in one place.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hi Dork Fish,

I'm a new member and yours is the very first post that I will be copying. May have to get my brother, in the USA, to ship me the pages as we don't have them here. What a fab idea.

Thanks,

Splangemac.:D