Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Starting From Seed (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   sad day (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=47593)

encore May 30, 2018 02:10 PM

sad day

2 Attachment(s)
this is what happens when you bring 90 tomato plants and 60 pepper plants to freinds up north, and you leave yours and a couple freinds plants home for your kid to watch, once outside for a half hour in a weeks time the rest of the time in the garage and over watering them, should be 10 inches tall and ready for the RGGS! looks like no or MAYBE late tomatoes this year.---tom

oakley May 30, 2018 02:23 PM

I know it is sad but they will bounce back.
I left for 4 days last weekend with lots of rain in the forecast but not a drop occurred.
They were my reserve trays for back-ups and friends/family. Look much better today.
Only one perished out of about 36.

Still a bit of a set-back and depressing but be hopeful if that is possible. :evil:

Old School May 30, 2018 02:30 PM

At least the Peppers took it in stride :yes: I would plant fresh tomato seeds directly in the garden and see what happens. Just another lesson learned :bummer:

Koala Doug May 30, 2018 02:31 PM

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]I also think the plants are salvageable. They'll be a bit delayed, but they will recover nicely in due time. There is hope! [/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Worth1 May 30, 2018 02:43 PM

Time to cast the kid out into the desert to live with the snakes and scorpions.:lol:
Worth

Nan_PA_6b May 30, 2018 03:36 PM

Oh, Encore, how discouraging! Give them proper care and see how fast they perk up. Keep us updated...

Nan

Andrey_BY May 30, 2018 04:45 PM

It would be better to ask friends or neighbours if they have some extra heirloom tomato plants left. I always have at least 10-20 plants to replace week transplanted plants or help neighboures ;)

encore May 30, 2018 06:30 PM

lol i left 90 plants up in the U.P. of Mi. for freinds, that's 320 miles away. as for around here, i'm about the only one growing them. just might have to wait another year to taste all the new varieties i got, or raid their gardens, if they don't come around, or get too hot if they do and blossoms abort, i'll give them a week or so then think about store bought, or just won't grow anything this year.---tom

Nan_PA_6b May 30, 2018 07:28 PM

So are there any Wisconsonites (Wisconsonians?) who have extra seedlings for Encore? Whereabouts are you in WI, Encore?

Nan

encore May 30, 2018 07:33 PM

lol thanks for enquiring, but i'll survive, alot of garden centers around,---tom

encore May 30, 2018 07:35 PM

should have taken mine up north too! lol they might have enjoyed the ride back and forth! lol---tom

Worth1 May 30, 2018 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=encore;702286]should have taken mine up north too! lol they might have enjoyed the ride back and forth! lol---tom[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

cjp1953 May 30, 2018 08:27 PM

Hoping you get some to recover,pepper plants looked good.Hope you get to taste a few and those produce well for you.:yes:

clkeiper May 31, 2018 07:58 AM

Encore...they look sad but recoverable

but.... what did you have growing? I have boatloads of extras.
I am willing to pop them in the mail and hope for the best if you want to pm your address.
peron sprayless
a few big beefs
giant garden paste
lemon boy
dwarf lemon ice?
goldendwarf gypsy
a couple sweet ozark orange I think
orange slice hybrid
orange wellington
forth of july
beefsteak.. and a few more I am sure
some other dwarfs
a bunch of cherries (mostly not red)
I can spray them with vapor guard too.

oakley May 31, 2018 09:33 AM

SweetOzarkOrange was a star in my garden last year....planted 4 this year.

I took a 36cell 1010 tray with me on vacation a couple years ago and they looked much worse than
yours. Bounced back, gave most away to neighbors, then brought 4 home that produced really well.