Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Time to plant tomatoes, and the biggest house I've ever built... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44657)

pmcgrady April 24, 2017 06:58 PM

Time to plant tomatoes, and the biggest house I've ever built...
 
Just started a 5800 sq ft McMansion and my tomatoes are ready to plant...
This guy understands, and gave me tomato seeds he smuggled out of Macedonia. Too late to start this year. I asked if he knew the name of them but he doesn't. Said it was the best tasting Red tomato he's ever eaten and they are about a pound each. Here's a pic from the plans for the 5800 sq ft he's building for his daughter.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...281ed9746c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveP April 24, 2017 07:24 PM

Dang, that a big house. I likely couldn't afford the taxes on such a beast. Congrats on getting the contract, it's gotta be pretty lucrative.

And you say this is for his "daughter" and not a little pleasure palace for McDaddy to bring his little wayward nymphs? Just kidding, I am sure it is as you say.

Worth1 April 24, 2017 07:29 PM

Must be a crime lord.
Worth

pmcgrady April 24, 2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worth1 (Post 634119)
Must be a crime lord.
Worth

Nope he's in the rolled steel business, his dad founded a steel business that broke into 5 different companies, rolled, tubular, pipe etc.. Totally legit.

pmcgrady April 24, 2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 634117)
Dang, that a big house. I likely couldn't afford the taxes on such a beast. Congrats on getting the contract, it's gotta be pretty lucrative.

And you say this is for his "daughter" and not a little pleasure palace for McDaddy to bring his little wayward nymphs? Just kidding, I am sure it is as you say.

His McMansion is about 1000 yards away.

Jimbotomateo April 24, 2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmcgrady (Post 634122)
Nope he's in the rolled steel business, his dad founded a steel business that broke into 5 different companies, rolled, tubular, pipe etc.. Totally legit.

That's great Pm, glad you got it! :yes:. 6000 is a good size domicile :lol:. Good to know building is still going on .:). Jimbo

SteveP April 24, 2017 08:58 PM

How long are you projecting until completion? That is a monster.

dmforcier April 24, 2017 09:41 PM

Are the outer walls sloping in from the base? I really like that look. Kind Japonesque, especially with the overhangs.

clkeiper April 24, 2017 09:43 PM

cleaning? that is a lot of vacuuming!

Worth1 April 24, 2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clkeiper (Post 634154)
cleaning? that is a lot of vacuuming!

Maid from Mexico.

Worth

Father'sDaughter April 25, 2017 12:06 AM

It's kind of Arts & Crafts meets Lodge. I love the Arts & Crafts style, but it would have to have at least 4,000 less square feet and one less floor for me!

Congrats on the contract.

pmcgrady April 25, 2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 634142)
How long are you projecting until completion? That is a monster.

It's time and material whatever it takes.

pmcgrady April 25, 2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter (Post 634206)
It's kind of Arts & Crafts meets Lodge. I love the Arts & Crafts style, but it would have to have at least 4,000 less square feet and one less floor for me!

Congrats on the contract.

It's called a prairie home.

pmcgrady April 25, 2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmforcier (Post 634153)
Are the outer walls sloping in from the base? I really like that look. Kind Japonesque, especially with the overhangs.

It must be from the angle I took the pic from. Walls are plumb, the pillars out front do slope.

PhilaGardener April 25, 2017 07:43 AM

Frank Lloyd Wright style written all over it. Craftsman interior to match? Lots of quarter sawn oak to find. Quite a project - congratulations on landing that, and a client who understands tomatoes!

Looking forward to a finished shot! :yes:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:59 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★