Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Why Atomic Grow Sucks! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=11663)

Wi-sunflower July 5, 2009 12:11 PM

Why Atomic Grow Sucks!

I have a neighbor that has asked me about a product called Atomic Grow.

I looked at it and frankly it looks rather like one of many over-hyped "miracle cure" type products. While they have several "testimonials", they don't show any actual FACTS. Personally I would be rather skeptical at this point unless someone here has actually used it and compared it in a side-by-side trial.

Thanks,
Carol

Blueaussi July 5, 2009 03:06 PM

"growth enhancer"

Prolly just another product with plant hormones in it.

bohica July 15, 2009 07:10 PM

I was sent a quart sample of atomic grow, I used it exactly as recomended.....I have to tell you that it burnt the living hell out of the Hillbilly Tomato I sprayed....needless to say, I wont be using it again.
And no I didnt spray while the sun hit the leaves, I sprayed in the evening...lol

Wi-sunflower July 15, 2009 10:13 PM

Thanks for the info. My neighbor would be furious if it killed her plants. I'll let her know this latest info.

Carol

bohica July 16, 2009 05:57 AM

Glad I could help.
Tom

shellenback October 13, 2009 04:10 AM

I used Atomic Grow but i didnt follow the instructions. I sprayed my tomato plants and they exploded with buds. I tried my peppers, squash and the wifes indoor plants. All reacted really, really well.
The sweetest tomato's I have ever grown.

Progressive Gardener

Mischka October 13, 2009 06:00 AM

[quote=shellenback;145908]I used Atomic Grow but i didn't follow the instructions. I sprayed my tomato plants and they exploded with buds. I tried my peppers, squash and the wifes indoor plants. All reacted really, really well.
The sweetest tomato's I have ever grown.

Progressive Gardener[/quote]

Hmmm....did you join us just to shill [B]your[/B] product here, Jim? :evil:

I'm well aware of who you are. Your opinion of Atomic Grow could hardly be considered unbiased, putting it nicely.

You are welcome to participate here but if you post anything further that surreptitiously promotes your product, you will wear out your welcome quicker than a bolt of lightning. :wait:

Wi-sunflower October 13, 2009 06:48 AM

[B]but i didn't follow the instructions.[/B]

That line doesn't say much for the product either, if we have to "experiment" to figure out how to get decent results.

Not to mention the fact that using a product counter to the label is frowned upon by the US Government.

Just some more reasons I wouldn't try it.

Carol

RJ_Hythloday October 13, 2009 07:32 AM

[quote=shellenback;145908][B]but i didn't follow the instructions.[/B][/quote]
[quote=Wi-sunflower;145917]

That line doesn't say much for the product either, if we have to "experiment" to figure out how to get decent results.

Not to mention the fact that using a product counter to the label is frownd upon by the Govt.

Just some more reasons I wouldn't try it.

Carol[/quote]

Seriously, not much of a testimonial. :no:

I guess he though that maybe we wouldn't notice he just joined. He must have a bot that searches for the product name being used any where on the web.

shellenback October 13, 2009 05:02 PM

Yep I joined to tell eveyone about Atomic Grow. Bohica Tom didnt use it correctly. I want everyone to know that I joined today to tell them about All natural amazing Atomic Grow only for the experienced growers.

Mischka October 13, 2009 07:41 PM

[quote=shellenback;145951]This product works so good that many farmers dont want anyone else to know about it. LoL.[/quote]

[B]Final warning...[/B] and I'm not LOLing, either. :x
I don't take kindly to anyone using these forums to shill a product which financially benefits them. Especially when they join only to shill and [I]not[/I] to participate in any other unrelated discussions.

Lastly, Bohica said he followed the usage directions so why the hell did you say that he didn't? He has nothing to gain or lose by sharing his experience with your product, unlike you. :wacky:

shellenback October 13, 2009 10:08 PM

Your inexperience and stereotypes are preventing your participants and users the opportunity to expand their knowledge of plant biology and the ability to grow healthier vegetables without pesticides. Some day you will grow mentally and have the ability to understand new plant technology. I wish you all the best for your gloomy and desperate blog,site etc...

mjc October 13, 2009 11:12 PM

What part of 'you are violating the rules of the board' don't you grasp?

Mischka isn't coming down on you because of your product...but because you are unashamedly trying to profit from promoting it in a way that many find annoying, at the least (myself included...and, BTW, on any board I mod on, you would have been gone around your first post...I'd say Mischka was being more than generous).

icelord October 13, 2009 11:20 PM

Chemicals

[quote=shellenback;145969]Your inexperience and stereotypes are preventing your participants and users the opportunity to expand their knowledge of plant biology and the ability to grow healthier vegetables without pesticides. Some day you will grow mentally and have the ability to understand new plant technology. I wish you all the best for your gloomy and desperate blog,site etc...[/quote]

I will stick to composted leaves and horse manure grazed on hay with no chemicals: Directions, put on plant and watch the amazing results:))
Icelord

Mischka October 13, 2009 11:33 PM

[quote=shellenback;145969]Your inexperience and stereotypes are preventing your participants and users the opportunity to expand their knowledge of plant biology and the ability to grow healthier vegetables without pesticides. Some day you will grow mentally and have the ability to understand new plant technology. I wish you all the best for your gloomy and desperate blog,site etc...[/quote]

The only technology I need right now is at my fingertips, you pompous jackass. (hitting ban button)

Notice the new title of this thread too, for all the wonderful search engine spiders to index. Hopefully it will save some folks from throwing their money away on your dubious products.
Ain't technology grand? :))