Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Other Tomato Events (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   A Montana gathering may not happen/how about Nevada? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=3060)

bizzarbazzar October 18, 2006 09:15 PM

A Montana gathering may not happen/how about Nevada?

Here is a thought. Are there many people who would make it to Nevada for a 2007 gathering? Im not saying Vegas (although that would be nice), but Jackpot, Nevada borders Idaho and it only about 6 hour drive for me. Its also about 5 1/2 hour drive from Vegas. Us West Coasters (If that makes sense) need something. California is a tad bit too far for me (and I do not want to go back there if at all I can avoid it.
I may try to plan my Ohio visit for CHOPTAG, but I cant guarantee it. The family seems to want me home for Christmas, and we always visit Indianapolis for DH's family when in Ohio.
But its a thought, any input would be great

montanamato October 18, 2006 10:19 PM

I vote for Missoula...I think there are a few growers in the Bitteroot, plus close to Spokane and Idaho too. There are a lot of gardeners in eastern MT ( Billings) that might join too.
Jackpot is scary country, better seen in the dark. I would vote for Vegas if you were set on Nevada, but that is awfully far...we might as well just car pool to Choptag........

Jeanne

bizzarbazzar October 18, 2006 10:45 PM

hehehe, Vegas would be great but yes a bit far. Missoula would be OK, if there are some growers up in the area that would come. I just came up with Jackpot because it seemed Central and I thought Arizona (etc) people may even be able to make it. I am not too picky about where it is.... I just think it would be a fabulous idea for everyone out here. :) I think we should try to get something together :)

Worth1 October 19, 2006 12:09 AM

How about Winnemucca Nevada or how ever you spell it.
I have a friend there I need to pull a prank on, like have about 40 people show up at his house to spend the night.
Tell them Worth sent you all.:lol: :lol:
Sorry, I couldn’t help it.
Good luck yawl!!!!

Worth

bizzarbazzar October 19, 2006 12:23 AM

hehehe, I dont know where that is.....but only if you show up (first) hehehe.

montanamato October 19, 2006 09:20 AM

Worth...I have a picture of myself ( about age 4) standing next to one of the wooden Indians in Winnemucca...We don'drive that way much anymore but I always liked that place...

Jeanne

velikipop January 9, 2007 10:28 PM

I'd drive to Missoula from Vancouver BC. Passed through Montana last June, and absolutely loved it, wouldn't mind having a good reason to come back.
Don't know how I would get my crop across the border though.

Alex

bizzarbazzar January 9, 2007 11:11 PM

Sounds great Alex, I know the border can be tough. It will be wonderful to have you come :)

ddsack April 11, 2007 11:33 PM

Missoula looks like a great place to visit. Wonder if I could convince my non-tomato-eating husband to come along to seek out some trout creeks? I've been wanting to do some touristy things out west in that area, although I am two states away. When would you figure your tomatoes would be mostly peaking? Early August? Guess it's too soon to know what this summer will bring for weather. The spring sure has been cold so far.

Dee

montanamato April 12, 2007 04:07 PM

Dee....If you travel from Minn I can make sure your husband gets some quality trout fishing !
My tomatoes are usually coming on by mid August...

Jeanne

spyfferoni April 12, 2007 04:38 PM

I live 2 states away also, but my Dad lives in Montana so I can kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. So count me in as long as it is before school starts.

Tyff

ddsack April 12, 2007 10:07 PM

Jeanne, that would be wonderful! I will have to put a bug in his ear about the possibility of a Montana trip, and keep an eye on this thread to see what develops as the summer progresses.

Dee

spyfferoni April 12, 2007 10:19 PM

Dee,
If you haven't been to Yellowstone Park yet you should really make that part of your trip---if you decide to go to Montana. It will be a drive from Missoula, but well worth it!!!

Tyff

bizzarbazzar April 18, 2007 03:52 PM

Sounds like a wonderful idea :) according to last year (my only Montana garden) mid August was about right for me too :)
But the weekend of the 18th I will be in Ohio visiting family (and going to CHOPTAG). SO the weekend before or the weekend after would be ideal!

spyfferoni April 21, 2007 09:11 PM

I'm jealous you get to go to CHOPTAG. Maybe sometime my husband will have a TDY somewhere where a tomato event is happening.

Tyffanie