Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Muddy Bucket Farm 2016 First Pot-up (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=40633)

ContainerTed April 11, 2016 05:05 PM

Muddy Bucket Farm 2016 First Pot-up

7 Attachment(s)
Well, we've done some potting up and put them into the 60 degree F room. They seem to love it and are looking very good to me.

The last picture is the leftovers at this point. I'll probably pot them up for give aways to the those who always come looking for freebies. Until then, they are officially my backups in case something goes wrong with the ones currently assigned to the main event.

Enjoy.

clara April 11, 2016 05:21 PM

Really good looking babies, Ted! (Similar to mine, haha!) That was already a lot of work and much more ahead of you when it comes to the final transplant - good luck!

MissS April 12, 2016 10:30 PM

You have been busy. They are looking great!

Now I need to get mine going.....

heirloomtomaguy April 12, 2016 11:57 PM

Their looking great Ted. I think you could fit another 100 plants in that window.

pauldavid April 13, 2016 01:42 AM

Looking good, Ted. You have been busy!:)

Starlight April 13, 2016 06:26 AM

Ahhhhhhh babies! Lots and lots of lovely babies! Your plants look great. : )

Hopefully it won't be too much longer and they can all go outside. Hope you have a productive year.

ginger2778 April 13, 2016 07:00 AM

Oh, nice , Ted. I just love it at that stage when they are all so beautiful and healthy. At that stage I am usually dreaming of all I am going to get, and the plants to share at my swap. So full of hope and potential.
Mine are winding down as our heat snd humidity pick up, so I will be living vicariously.

ContainerTed April 13, 2016 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, they are just so pretty this year, that I had to share. I have renamed my "Green Room" to "Cold Treatment Room". I am totally convinced that putting the little guys in 55F to 60F cold treatment just after pot up is making for better plants. And, yes, I do feed them 1/16th strength MG for tomatoes in their watering from the time they shed their seed casings (helmets). Don't know if the feeding actually helps, but I can see that it definitely doesn't hurt.

In the picture below, you can see three pots with lots of seedlings. Both of those were planted with seeds that I received in 2008 (were from previous years) and you're looking at 90+ percent germination. These two "meat trays" are sitting on a "human" heating pad set to low.

95% of all the seedlings in the last picture up in post #1 will be given away in the next 4 to 6 weeks. But, until my garden starts getting filled up, they are my backups and will remain here with me.

twillis2252 April 13, 2016 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=
95% of all the seedlings in the last picture up in post #1 will be given away in the next 4 to 6 weeks. But, until my garden starts getting filled up, they are my backups and will remain here with me.[/QUOTE]

Great Pics! Wish I was your neighbor!

Gerardo April 13, 2016 11:18 AM

Plants looking happy Ted. Cold treatment room seems to be a clean, well lighted space (as I began to type it Papa H came in forced me to use those words, and of course take a swig from the flask).

Looking forward to progression.

greyghost April 13, 2016 02:39 PM

What a beautiful start to your '16 season! Everything looks wonderful.
I can't believe how many plants you have! Hope your have a great year.

Darlene

ContainerTed April 13, 2016 03:19 PM

I spent the afternoon using my Yard Machine Tiller on the garden. I really didn't realize how much of my energy the Lymphoma trip had taken out of me. But now I have a new perspective on that issue. That said, I have a plan that will still get me to where I want to go with the main garden.

I just have to take it a little at a time and be patient with the process. It's a case of "I can do it. I just can't do it as fast".

We'll keep posting progress. I'll be putting in the cabbages in a day or two.

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Take care